Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd party router - Tp Link

didymustm
2: Seeker

Hi,

So I've just gotten the 900mbps broadband. Unfortunately, I'm only receiving 700mbps on ethernet and about 550mbps on wifi. I'm definitely convinced the router is too old to handle this speed but Vodafone are happy with the speed as the minimum speed guarantee is 450mbps. I'm thoroughly disappointed as I was looking forward to City Fibre 900mbps!! :Sad_face:

I bought a Tp-Link Archer C80 router and it won't connect to the ONT box directly. I've got the PPPoE details but it still doesn't connect.  ( I contacted TpLink and they've said to try my PPPoE details directly on my laptop and if that works then the credentials should work - but that doesn't either)

Vodafone refuses to help further and I really would like to get better speeds and I'm stuck in their loop of protocol conversation.

Any advice from any one?? Please!! 

Thank you!

(Ps. access point mode works - but through the Vodafone router.......I want to stop using that completely)

2 REPLIES 2

jdvega
4: Newbie

Sounds like you're missing the VLAN - CityFibre requires VLAN ID 911, then the PPPoE bound to that.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1585/

Amin786123

I had the same issue with my Archer GX90 (AX6600). I triple checked the username and password. Copied and pasted it and made sure there were no spaces and it still didn't work