Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't upgrade broadband

Silencer_32
2: Seeker

I upgraded from copper to full fibre 500, we recently had full fibre capabilities installed in my area by openreach, had to wait 2 weeks for engineer, a week before engineer arrived I decided I wanted to change from 500 and get the 900mbps instead but was advised to wait until engineer had been & service was live then contact back so I could upgrade to the full fibre pro 2 900. Since 26th feb I have been unable to upgrade and its been utter stressful and poor poor service, literally LOADS of SOS cases raised with the same response being a web order stuck open however like mentioned this was forced completed and still issue is there and no further  outcome or true explanation as to what the issue is, for around 3 weeks they were focused on a order from 2018 that was stuck open, got forced closed and still couldn't upgrade which made no sense because even with this 2018 order I had been upgrading with no issues, Vodafone have given up on me just saying cut and dry sorry we cannot upgrade you. I've spent countless amount of hours chasing Vodafone for updates and getting someone to push for this issue to be fixed, I was told managers would call me but yet to speak to one and this has almost been a month. I've been with Vodafone 6 years and had no real big issues and would have recommended them but after this experience, I can honestly say I will not be recommending anyone to go with Vodafone. So the upgrades team have told me that when they try to upgrade me there are no speeds showing and just loads with no packages showing basically. My service is live with full fibre 500, no stuck open orders nothing. I'm now stuck with just a sorry we can't upgrade you that's that! Utter dissatisfied with Vodafone.

I feel absolutely fobbed off and super annoyed!!!!

Anyone else faced this issue??????

7 REPLIES 7

popeyedwazza
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Yep took out broadband pro 2 fibre 2 xtra in January went live, but month later full fibre optic was live in my area so wanted upgrade. 12th February has been nothing but a nightmare and 9 times trying to upgrade from 76mbps copper to full fibre to premises. Excuse adter excuse. Same reason mostly, orders stuck open, orders creating issues upgrading, cancelled orders for no reason, porting of my number i ported to them which is a voip number issues, but weeks later on 9th try they now state i have to wait 6 months from switching to them. I dont believe vodafone understands why orders are being cancelled but just give any excuse see fit. Ive also been told my orders were being cancelled by openreach who needs to install ont fibre line, but the order never gets to the booking of engineers as it cancels in the first initial stage which is order placed. Some excuses vodafone comes up with really... is giving me doubt i should of joined them. Dont get me wrong ultra hub is superb, but there customer service haven't a clue of there system. I have been messed around, lied to, misguided due to incompetence, emails with lies of Discounts for the inconvenience of my time wasted. 10th and final time now and that's it for me and will be seeking cisas complaint and Claim compensation for misconduct!  

Also, why couldnt they of said i had to wait 6 months from joining before i can upgrade? Ive never experienced a delay period in upgrading broadband ect... but vodafone seems to have a ruling. I dont believe what ive been told is true. Most likely downgrading would be an issue and would need to wait 12 months at least but not upgrading surely!

Apparently its an issue with certain customers being able to upgrade and its due to their systems. The issue has been raised and they are working in the background to create a fix on the system. I've been told up until 15th for a fix! Hoping they actually sort this issue out! 

Silencer_32

2 months nearly and still no fix! 

krish12344

Hey there! That sounds incredibly frustrating. It's disappointing when a company you've been with for years doesn't meet your expectations, especially when you're eager to upgrade. Hopefully, they'll resolve this for you soon.

It's not looking good, I've allowed up until today and so far on the app I still cannot upgrade. Seems like more disappointment is coming my way. F f s 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration @Silencer_32, when new infrastructures put in place it can sometimes take a little while for the new services to be rolled out to different providers. If it's still not showing online, you could reach out to our Broadband Sales team by calling 0333 304 0191 or through an online chat, and they'll be able to see what the hold up is.