Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5G Ultra

chistery
16: Advanced member

Has anyone managed to actually try it yet? I can't imagine there's many new and upgrading customers using an older Samsung phone but be interesting to see some comments and speeds from the user that has managed to get it!

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/5g 

My postcode has 5G Ultra, but I have an S23 Ultra and I won't be upgrading for a while.

33 REPLIES 33

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Same here @chistery 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

garetc
12: Established

It's not working for me - Ticket is open with the team who said 24/72 hours for it to be resolved.

They confirmed that I am eligible, in a 5G SA area but I don't have the options to enable it on my handset.

chistery

Have Vodafone told you that it's enabled and you can use it or just that you meet the requirements?

Both... they told me 'it should be working already' but then the first person I spoke with didn't know what 5G SA (Ultra) is. I was eventually passed through to second line, he said he could see I meet the requirements i.e. tariff, handset and area but didn't know why it's not working as it should be.

He suggested a full disconnect and reconnect which didn't help so a ticket has been logged to look at what is happening. It's quite possible that they don't know what they're doing and it's not been enabled on my line because well, Vodafone CS.

I'm supposed to be contacted back after 72 hours but as you know outsourced contact centres aren't the best when following up. 

We'll see... 🤔

chistery

You have to have received a text as well as meeting the requirements.

"We’ll notify eligible customers by text when they’re given access to the 5G Ultra network."

chistery

I am getting the impression that this was just marketing guff from Vodafone.

The Press release was just to try to say they were first, but the reality is that for eligible "new and upgrading customers" no one has received a text actually saying they can use it so far.

This isn't dissimilar to the approach they used when they launched 4G.

They allowed new and upgrading customers to access the service first and then slowly enabled existing customers.

I understand the logic behind it. BIG NEW SHINY network.. join us! It also gives their teams time to monitor what SA does as it comes under gradual increasing load. 

It's annoying, especially for those of us wanted to have a play. I guess we'll have to wait for the marketing to become reality (once again).

garetc

Has anyone managed to access 'Ultra' yet? 

chistery

More phones have been added (like the Samsung S23 Ultra) but still not seen a single person claim to be using 5G Ultra.