Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband: Additional Access Points and Sonos

MrWhite
10: Established

I'm having an issue with Sonos.  It's been working flawlessly with the Connect router unitl recently.  I've just introduced an access point (wired to the router via a switch).  Sonos stops working after I've roamed back from the AP to the Connect router - the controller can't find the speakers.

Has anyone else had issues with access points/multiple routers and Sonos?

Also, are there any settings to check/disable IGMP snooping/multicast support?

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MrWhite

This problem sounds very odd. 

The best way forward is to call our Broadband Team on 08080 034 515 and we will look into this for you. 

Louise

This issue doesn't just affect sonos and chromecast.

I've found that when roaming back, my phone or PC cannot access any devices on the LAN wirelessly.  I can still access the internet, but pinging any devices results in an "unreacable" error.  If I connect my PC wired to the router, then I can ping the devices fine.

It's almost like the router has put the wireless connection in to "isolation" mode, but don't believe there is a setting for this in the GUI.  Are there any advance hidden features or a way of checking this?

It's the router!!!  😞

I turned off the wifi, then connected a Netgear DGN2000 to the vodafone router so that the latter was responsible only for internet connection and DHCP.

With this set up I was able to roam between the AP and Netgear and still access the devices on the network.  Reverting back to the original set up, then the issue arose again.

I see, the best way forward is to give our Broaband Team a call on the numbers above and we will look further into the router settings.

Louise

@Louise_E - easier said than done.  Getting through to talk to anytone is somewhat difficult

Alekin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, I fixed all my sonos issues by only broadcasting the 2ghz network, disabling the 5ghz one. Once done all is good, no loss of network or sonos

MrWhite

An update on the current status ...

I phoned Vodafone as few days back.  Whilst they now recognise the issue and were in fact discussing it with the tech team. there is STILL no ETA on a firmware update to fix this.

The person I spoke to was unaware how long this had been going on for and whilst she was helpful, she was unable to provide any further details.

royylee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just connected with home broadband and whilst the interet connection works without issue, I can't connect my Netgear router (Model: D7000) as an Access Point.

Speaking with Vodafone Support the first solution was to advise on how the Netgear router should be configured. However, I have already done that and it worked with my previous supplier.

If Vodafone moderate this community then you need to provide a FAQ on this issue.

Support were unable to rsolve the problem

Al
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi, at the moment this isn't a function we currently support.