Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancellation Process Is Outdated

JW707
2: Seeker

Made this account basically to just explain what a complete nightmare cancelling an upgrade has been.

I cannot get into my local store but I ordered the upgraded phone to the store for my son to pick up (which he has done without issue before for my last phone) he was told when he got to the store he can't collect the phone I have to. So we spoke to support and they set up a user on my account under my sons name and he said my son would now be allowed to collect the phone from the store... He couldn't so we tried again with my son having my ID with him after speaking to another member of support and once again the store said no and that I would have to pick it up in person so my son queried what we can do to fix it and the staff member at the store said to cancel the order and have it delivered to my house instead.

So we looked to cancel the order, at first we were told that the order automatically cancels after not being picked up from the store for 7 days, that was fine we decided to wait the period but then the phone was still showing as being in progress despite me receiving a text saying "as you haven't collected the order within your 7 day period we have now cancelled it" or along those lines. Once again I contacted support and they said it is because the phone hasn't been received back at the warehouse yet and I should wait 24-48 hours for this...

So again we waited and still no change we contacted support again and asked why it says the order is in progress when I even received a text message saying the order is now cancelled. They didn't understand and said the order would be cancelled 7 days after that message was received which I said makes no sense and they then said they can't help me and I have to contact my local store to get the order cancelled. So I have and they said the cancellation request takes 48 hours to complete...

It's now been over 48 hours and I phoned my store again and they said they will investigate why the order hasn't been cancelled yet and that this will likely take 24-48 hours. It's been over 2 weeks since my original order and I tried to cancel it a few days after making the order and was led around in circles.

I have very little hope at this point that the order will be cancelled before Christmas at this rate. I've been with Vodafone for years now so I can't be sure about how cancellations work at other providers but this whole process seems outdated, cancellations should not be in the hands of support staff especially when they seemingly can't process the cancellations properly or on time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CallumR

Hey @JW707 thanks for reaching out to us and explaining your situation. 

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with cancelling your upgrade order. So that we can access your account and take a closer look at the order, please reach out to our Social Media team via Facebook or X

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

CallumR

Hey @JW707 thanks for reaching out to us and explaining your situation. 

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with cancelling your upgrade order. So that we can access your account and take a closer look at the order, please reach out to our Social Media team via Facebook or X

JW707

I've been away and was hoping it might have been sorted once I got back but sadly not after speaking to support 2 more times I have been told the same thing again telling me to wait 48 hours after my call and the cancellation has still not happened I don't have social media do you not have an in house solution to this issue or do I have to make an account on facebook to get this sorted

Andy

@JW707 We don't unfortunately have account access over this forum. We do generally advise to contact us by social media over this forum, this is because we work within the same team and therefore are able to follow up on queries when needed. Our live chat team would also be able to look into this further, you can see how to contact us in this link.