Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Check Failure

sirgader
4: Newbie

Doesn't seem to be the first post on this topic here. A month or so ago tried to upgrade but failed a credit check apparently. Today I tried to order broadband and same happened. Credit review is "computer says noooooo". Meanwhile a few years back similar situation occurred and this was due to the address mix-up (apparently my work address used once for delivery was added to my profile and then was failing credit checks). It was apparently resolved back then. When I spoken to one of the Vodafone team last month they said there are multiple addresses on my account but they couldn't remove them - so I suppose this is the reason. But the "computer says no" approach prevails. Does anyone have any suggestion how to correct the issue?

Before anyone asks - Vodafone customer for 7+ years, all 3 credit referencing agencies scores in "excellent" band (maximum or thereabouts) never missed a payment (whether to Vodafone or elsewhere). 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you tried approaching one of the Credit Houses such as Experian for support too @sirgader 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did not but I don't really see any point in that. I am checking credit files regularly and checked them specifically on this occasion and there is nothing incorrect.

HelpfulBadger
11: Established
11: Established

Unfortunately Vodafone seems to have some issues abiding by GDPR and other such data protection (or consumer right) laws (you'll also find posts on here about how difficult it is to get them to process an SAR) - I would personally complete the Credit Check Appeal form and remind them of your right under GDPR to not have automated decisions made about you, and ask on what basis and what specific information influenced the decision to maintain your result if that's the outcome. 

Thanks for this advice. I have already submitted that and awaiting the response.