Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disputed charge has ruined my credit score

charlienix
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having been with Vodafone for almost 20 years through several different accounts I was extremely disappointed when I closed my last account within the allowed timeframe  and was then hit with an unexpected invoice a few months after being told categorically that all monies owed had been paid. As I disputed the bill and raised a complaint with Vodafone my credit score took a nose dive and is now crippled thanks to this invoice of £19. Many weeks of conversations with Vodafone and Experian then followed and the money they claimed I owed was paid regardless of my protests of it being unfair and contradictory to Vodafone’s claims that I didn’t owe anything at the time of closing the account. I pleaded with Vodafone to remove any markers against my credit score but they said it was outside their control, despite Experian telling me that Vodafone could have it removed. I’m now at a critical point financially where my credit score is having a drastic effect on my personal life and limiting my ability to be able to develop a home life with my family. I’m hoping that anyone from Vodafone that is on this forum could please help and I would also point out that that there are posts on this community forum that highlight very similar situations and Vodafone representatives have advised that Vodafone can adjust credit markers. 
I look forward to any help or advice. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @charlienix 

I totally understand and appreciate how damaging a default can be on a credit file from my own personal experience many years ago. 

It is indeed Vodafone that has to agree to remove the default. 

As no account access is available via this forum please contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams and they can ask their Credit File Team to take a look.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

This sounds more like late payment markers, a default would only have been added as a last resort, you paid the amount owed and your credit file would have been updated accordingly.  Vodafone have some information here: Your Credit File 

Your should be able to add a Notice of Correction to your credit file and this is something creditors will take into account, from the Experian site, there is information on how this is done.