Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed number port

MaggieN
2: Seeker

I am absolutely livid about the complete mess surrounding the porting of my LYCAMOBILE number to Vodafone. Despite assurances that the process would be completed last week Tuesday , April 09 , 2024, my phone is still useless today, on week later. I've wasted endless hours dealing with the Helpdesk, only to receive the same infuriating response: 'Wait another 24-48 hours.' This incompetence is beyond belief, leaving me stranded without a functioning phone for essential communication. Has anyone else endured such a nightmarish ordeal and found a way to resolve it ?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @MaggieN , you are not the only one having problems with Lycamobile to Vodafone, there was a post earlier this morning.  If you use the forum search facility there are previous posts with porting issues from Lycamobile to Vodafone.  It takes two to port a number, and because it looks like the blame is being passed Vodafone will never mention the other network servers.

Follow this link and send the Social Team a message through one of the social channels, they will get this raised here Contact Us 

MaggieN

I just spoke to the Social Team, but they say the same thing over and over again, that I need to wait another 24-48hours. I cannot function like that ! I am already waiting more than a week! I wanted to move providers as the previous were very poor customer service. I can see is no any different in Vodafone...

MaggieN

So on Monday, I was told by Vodafone team that I need to wait max 48hours to have the issue with my phone sorted. I just checked and well, guess what?  Still nada. No word from them whatsoever. Seriously frustrating! Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing from Vodafone?