Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GDPR Policy (Limited Company)

CHRISJR9091
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After hours and hours, being hung up on, passed to over 6 different people and being told different lies and then finally told "prove it" 

I could do with some support on this matter of a GDPR concern of my personal details being shared to a credit collection. My personal details (including DOB) was shared with 2x credit companies who have both closed the account and sent back to vodafone saying they shouldn't of shared my DOB as it was a limited account under business. 

Vodafone don't seem to have a clear process on how to deal with this and literally told me to prove it and take proof into a store for them to take notes. They also said they are allowed to share this as it's under the GDPR Policy. Which it's not.

Any thoughts on this? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @CHRISJR9091

In today's current climate all businesses should take a person's privacy seriously. 

Vodafone UK have taken steps. 

Here are some links that may help you. 

Vodafone and the gdpr-privacy-query-form.

and Vodafone > gdpr.

We also have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and I'm sure will be able to officially help you further if required. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CHRISJR9091 I'm really sorry to hear you had that experience when calling us.

As @BandOfBrothers has provided, you can request for further information to help with your privacy query through our page here. The dedicated team will then be in touch with you to discuss this with you.

Thanks for the reply. 

I have sent over a message yesterday and still waiting for a reply. It's really frustrated me how I was passed around several time then told to proove they sent my details when literally 2min prior they said it was standard practice (which it's not)

I will wait for the reply to see what they have to say. I have all the call recordings with the phone being a business phone so will be going to a lawyer if not resolved.