Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Insurance

Alison65W
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to find out if I have accidental damage insurance for my mobile. If so where can I find info about it. I've cracked the screen and have been quoted £70 locally to have it replaced. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Alison65W 

When you say " locally " do you mean. a Vodafone Store or do you mean a shop that advertises they repair phones ?

If you mean a shop that advertises they repair phones then check that your remaining manufacturer's warranty does not become void if an unauthorised Repair Engineer fixes the phone.

If you have Vodafone Insurance which will needed to have been taken out by you and then a monthly fee paid then check here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/vodafone-insurance 

Customer service on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your Vodafone account to see if you have insurance and also check your myvodafone app or myvodafone online as this may tell you if you have insurance or not, however a good way is to know if your paying a monthly fee for Insurance as Vodafone Insurance isn't free.

As accidental damage isn't covered by the normal manufacturing warranty then if you don't have Vodafone insurance then there will be a charge made for repair.

You could also check any relevant Home Contents insurance.

And some Banks provide Mobile Phone Cover as a perk of the bank account.

If the crack isn't too bad and does not affect the use of the phone then you could consider using a Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.