cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Multiple Sim Plans - porting old number.

thegreenman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I've just taken out a second sim only monthly plan and I want to port my old number to the new sim. How do I tell it which sim to port to? I don't want to end up porting my old number to the wrong sim. Am I missing something obvious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @thegreenman follow the Keep My Number Guide  select joining Vodafone from another network, and complete and submit the form for keeping the number you wish to keep, you can even choose the date for the number to port.

If there are any problems, live chat/Customer Services are there to help.  There is also the Social Team contactable through social channels.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

It not quite clear what you are trying to do @thegreenman , the best way to take an additional number is through your account where you will receive a 15% discount on an additional plan.

If you are wanting to move an in contract number on Vodafone to a new pay monthly SIM with an alternative number, the in contract number will need to be cancelled.  The quickest way would be to port out the number to any other network on PAYG and port back in on the new contract. it would take 48 hours at the most and you will have the old number on the new contract. Vodafone would ask you to transfer the number to PAYG, taking 30 days to complete, and move the number that way.

There is further information for you here: Keep My Number 

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I have just taken out a second sim only plan (with the discount as you said). I want to transfer a number to the new sim from a different network (BT). I have the PAC code. How do I make sure my old BT number goes to the Vodafone sim I’ve just added? I don’t want it to go to my older Vodafone sim. Bringing an old number into Vodafone is in settings for my account. There isn’t an option to bring in an old number in the plan settings for the sim.

AnnS

Yes @thegreenman follow the Keep My Number Guide  select joining Vodafone from another network, and complete and submit the form for keeping the number you wish to keep, you can even choose the date for the number to port.

If there are any problems, live chat/Customer Services are there to help.  There is also the Social Team contactable through social channels.