cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need to transfer account from old Legacy to New Legacy - NIGHTMARE - someone help please????

Amie_3825
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm about to properly loose it with Vodafone.... and hoping someone on here can help me, or someone from Vodafone reads this, and actually does something to help me!

I've been trying in vain to upgrade my phone since 13-Aug 2021.

I now know, that because I've been with Vodafone for over 25yrs+, my account is on their old Legacy system. This is now used for business customers.

Vodafone have failed to move my account onto their new Legacy system, as I'm a personal customer.

Because of this, I can't get any help in any Vodafone retail stores - been in 2 different ones and they don't have access to the old Legacy programme.

Apparently I need to fill in a form, which will move my account from the old Legacy system to the new Legacy system, and I can then upgrade my phone.

Why the hell I have to do this, when I've been a loyal customer for over 25yrs infuriates me.

The phone calls I've wasted on this is shocking... and my average hold time is 30mins..... 

Please can someone help me.......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Amie_3825 

You mention that the account is used for business, I am sure the form Vodafone are asking you to complete to move the account to personal would be here:  Transferring your number / Agreement when this form is submitted it will move the number to personal in your name leaving you free to upgrade the contract.

When you spoke to Customer Services this should have been explained to you and you should have been provided with a link to the form needing to be completed and submitted.

As there is some confusion with the form to be completed follow the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and speak to the Social Team. Alternatively, you can always follow the complaints link here: Compaints.

However, the Social Team are part of Customer Relations and you will be speaking to the same Team.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

I appreciate your frustrated with this but if filling in the form you've spoken about brings about a resolution then I'd say fill it out and have done @Amie_3825 

Account access via this forum isn't available unfortunately.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger can access accounts.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Amie_3825 

You mention that the account is used for business, I am sure the form Vodafone are asking you to complete to move the account to personal would be here:  Transferring your number / Agreement when this form is submitted it will move the number to personal in your name leaving you free to upgrade the contract.

When you spoke to Customer Services this should have been explained to you and you should have been provided with a link to the form needing to be completed and submitted.

As there is some confusion with the form to be completed follow the link provided by @BandOfBrothers and speak to the Social Team. Alternatively, you can always follow the complaints link here: Compaints.

However, the Social Team are part of Customer Relations and you will be speaking to the same Team.

Ha I am in exactly the same position, was told 5 years ago they were migrating me over.

It makes everything so difficult and nothing on my account online works.

i get passed around for the simplest of requests and what's shameful is I am now used to it, like I accept it. I honestly hope I get credit declined with this new evo crap and I can take my 3 grand a year business elsewhere, here's hoping.

in the mean time suck it up buttercup 😂

And Anne no mention  it was a business account, what is said is that everyone who is on this system was automatically moved to a business account overnight, we all became a business. Therefore no access to the Vodafone app and everything on the website says "oooops something went wrong"

the only thing Vodafone has going for it is signal strength, they beat everyone for connectivity its just everything else they fail at. I have had every failure you could think off from lost deposits, over billing, lost orders, wiped out online accounts and it's all a nightmare to sort out. Vodafone owe me at least 3 months off my life spent on phone calls and web chat time.

"we dont have access to that part of the system can you phone back"

It wears you down to a point where you just accept it.  
Hahaha not feeling very positive at the mo

Seriously I pay just under 3 grand a year to Vodafone for 5 contracts !

and it counts for nothing

every year they try and blag me into broadband  hahaha not on you nelly

What aggrieves me the most, is that I've been with Vodafone for over 25yrs+, and am getting the sh*ttest customer service I've ever received in my life...... and thats saying something.

No one has ever sent me this form, or link to the form, that i need to complete, to migrate my account over from an old system to a new one.

This isn't, and shouldn't right or acceptable.

For such a long term customer, I'm actually being disabled from what services and departments can help me within Vodafone.....

I have had a new iPhone sent to me from any upgrade -- as a result of a complaint - but the phone is defective - & now I can't return it, because they don't know how to, because no one has training/access rights to the old system to process the return or an exchange.....

I genuinely now am at the point of telling Vodafone to 'do one' and go to another network provider..... just shocking ..... all of this is!!!