Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New financial regulations

bassl1ne2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

See I called yesterday to enquire about upgrades on our business account and add an additional 5 contracts. All was fine until we went to process the order at which point I was being asked for my personal account details which I questioned as obviously my limited company would normally be the entity in question.

I was advised that due to new financial regulations I would have to pay for all my staffs phones and contracts from my own personal account. Obviously for accounting purposes I cannot put a £15k sale thru my business or recover the VAT if everything is in my own name.

I managed to solve the issue by contacting a competitor who thought it was Christmas and said they have no such financial rules and our company can pay for as many phones as we want. So just curious what is this new regulation and why does only Vodafone seem to have it?  Does a company who has 1000's of handsets have to be paid for personally by the director, seems ridiculous?!

2 REPLIES 2

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Was it Vodafone Business you called to make these enquiries? As it sounds like you ended up with completely the wrong team if they were trying to sell you consumer accounts.

I think we all agree that whoever you spoke to gave wrong information and clearly wasn't trained to deal with business queries (which is why I'm thinking you've either called consumer or the Vodafone IVR has mis-routed you).

But like you say, you got it sorted with a competitor so you're all good now.

Chalk it down to experience, it's Vodafone's loss. 

Yeah thought it's odd, I did speak to 3 different people thou, seems like there's some serious training issues there... but as you said, all ended well so a blessing in disguise infact :Laughing_Face: