cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving OTP text messages, messages from friends ok.

thetinsnail
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have not been able to receive any OTP texts from a couple of services today, also at the weekend I had trouble registering an app for the same reason and just gave up on it.

But now it happened again today with a different service so I think there is something wrong with the service. I can receive texts from friends ok.

I have tried rebooting, and removing and replacing the sim.

The OTP were being sent to the international version of my number, if that makes any difference.

Also I had to recover my password for this forum and it sent me an OTP ok for this.

Anyone got any other ideas to try?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The fact that you are able to receive standard SMS and an OTP for this Community proves your SMS services is working correctly  @thetinsnail 

As you have mentioned try removing the international +44 format and try sending and receiving as 07.  Presumably these OTP are originating from UK services.

I don't think they are uk services.

I was trying to register on an app for a fitness band (xiaomi), which worked once, then when I tried to make changes to my account, no more pin numbers were received. It doesn't let me use the 07 version.

then the other is registering with Nextbike, which I think it not a UK company.

It lets me use either version, but still no joy

AnnS

No reason for you not being able to receive OTP messages from these apps @thetinsnail 

There should be somewhere on the App where you can send a report to the developer, hopefully there will be some suggestion there.