Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SecureNet

SQBop
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’ve been paying for Securenet for years on 2 phones with not a single bit of evidence to show it is doing anything. The app doesn’t load either. I called Customer Service  to ask about how I get the app working and she said you can’t - there is no tech support and it doesn’t matter you just have to trust that it is working. 😂😂  She even disputed that there was an app.  Half of the functionality is in the app. Anyone else experience the same issue? 

8 REPLIES 8

Janey

Hi @SQBop Thanks for your message, Secure Net protects your phone from viruses, malware, phishing scams and other harmful content when you're connected to our mobile network. I'm sorry to see you were misadvised about the app - you're right, there is one and I have it too! Although it's is worth noting it's only available on Android at the moment. If you still need help, my team would be more than happy to assist., please pop them a message on our socials found here - just let them know you've posted on the Community too. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Janey 

The App is also available for iphone and ipad. Mentioned here: Secure Net 

It doesn’t work on my iPhone 😟

Janey

Ah, you're absolutely right @AnnS I've double checked again and I've misread some details - it's the cleaning tool feature on the Secure Net app that's available only on Android phones. Doh! Apologies @SQBop the Secure Net app is available on both iOS and Android 👍

krish12344
4: Newbie

That sounds incredibly frustrating! It's such a letdown when you're paying for a service and not getting the support or functionality you expect.

152bobby
4: Newbie

I have Secure Net on all our 3 family phones and paying for it each month and I can NEVER really get ABSOLUTE proof that it's worth having, no matter how much online research I do on this topic.

I've been with Vodafone for over 25 years and went for many years without Secure Net and I never had any issues that I'm aware of.

During my research, I did find out that (in our case), our Google Pixel 8 and iPhone 14s and 15s have security built into them, so I'm always asking myself whether I should cancel my Secure Net and save a few quid each month !!

I’m exactly the same! 🙈 Thanks for your response. I’m still in two minds about it. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Phones have built in security. As long as you aren't downloading from unofficial places and careful, it's a complete waste of money.

I don't know how Vodafone get away with making this opt out. It should never be added to every plan. This action alone shows you it's just a way for Vodafone to make money.