Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

To cancel one expired out of three monthly plans in my account

valeriography
3: Seeker

Hello,

in my Vodafone account I have three plans, one mobile and two data. 

One plan ended its period of 18 months last year and I am still using and paying for it every month.

I've ordered another data plan today, will be the fourth since I've started with Vodafone in 2016, and this new plan has the same allowance of the one I want to cancel but it is 10 GBP per month instead than 12.50 GBP per month. I am planning to add a fifth plan too, for a mobile device I have. So to say that I really like to save that 2.50 GBP in order to open an additional plan.

Now, today I've requested the cancellation of the 12.50 GBP per month sim only data plan expired last year. 

In the confirmation mail there is written:

"

*IMPORTANT*: Please give your Port Authorisation Code (PAC) or Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC) to initiate your request. If you don’t use your PAC or STAC code within 30 days, your service won’t automatically cancel, and you’ll continue to be charged in the normal way.

"

But I don't understand to whom I am supposed to "GIVE" the STAC code and in which way...

Please could you help?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear it took you a little longer than expected to contact our team regarding your cancellation of your service @valeriography. Due to the nature of the request, we ask that customers contact us via a call to complete this. I'm sorry to hear this caused you some inconvenience.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you have multiple accounts, the easiest way to cancel one account is through your online account @valeriography .  Follow the guide here Cancel Account 

As far as a STAC is concerned the advantage is it immediately ends the agreement but needs to be submitted to any other network, unless you know someone on an alternative network, this can cause a problem.

Ofcom has some information on the website here 

valeriography

Hi Ann,

thanks for the answer. Indeed I did use the tool in your link to cancel the account, but I haven't got any confirmation except the email that says what I have reported. 

I did expect to receive a clearer confirmation of what I asked to cancel from Vodafone, but I've been disappointed.

Did you ever try to cancel the account this way? I mean using the "Cancel Account" link, which is the same as I've been using today. Did you receive a clear confirmation? Because on the mail it is written that unless you "give" PAC or STAC codes, after 30days nothing will happen.

This contradics what the "Cancel Account" tool says, though. It say that after 30 days the account will be closed and I will receive a final bill and then nothing more. Which is what I hope to get, but Vodafone isn't confirming yet. 

Hi @valeriography Thanks for your post, it's important you've got full clarity on the cancellation so we'd be more than happy to help. A STAC lets you get a new number when you move from one network to another, but since you're not looking to move the number to a new network this might not be the best action for you. You'd have to give the the code to a new provider and your service would then disconnect with us. It is the only option for an immediate disconnection though. If you have a PAC or STAC and don't use it within 30 days then nothing will happen to your line.

It might be better for you to speak with our Cancellation team and process a standard 30 day cancellation. You won't need a PAC or STAC and then after 30 days the line will disconnect. You can contact the team on 191 free from any Vodafone mobile. If you've done this already, please feel free to pop our team a message on our social channels found here and we can check the cancellation for you. We just won't be able to process one. 

Hopefully, that's a little clearer but if you've any questions just let us know.

valeriography

Hi Janey,

thanks for you reply.

Just to be clear, it is not possible to cancel my plan without getting in contact personally with somebody in your cancellation team on 191?

So what is the use of this page: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/cancel-your-account ?

Thanks again

Valerio

The page linked in your message @valeriography asks a series of questions to help you finds the correct steps to cancel your account in a number of scenarios. It's not designed to enable you to cancel your service online. Apologies for any confusion.

Hi Mark and thank you for your message. I've done what I had to do with Vodafone on the phone yesterday afternoon but it has taken 1 hour... I could have done everything in 5 min since I knew well what I needed to do: cancelling my plan and ordering two additional SIM for data plans. Is there a valid reason for why had to make a call which costed 55min of my day?

I'm sorry to hear it took you a little longer than expected to contact our team regarding your cancellation of your service @valeriography. Due to the nature of the request, we ask that customers contact us via a call to complete this. I'm sorry to hear this caused you some inconvenience.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Always best to hold off ordering a new plan at the start of the year until after the yearly price rise.