Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iPhone X under 3 months old

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Is there any way to unlock a new iPhone X under 3 months old? A company I can pay or any way it can be done through Vodaphone as I’m told they will not do it until 3 bills are paid. Without going into my personal circumstances I have had life changing things happen in my personal life and require this to happen so I can continue to pay my bills. 

I have spoken to Vodaphone and they were very unsypathtic which seems pretty unreasonable as I spend over two hundreads pounds a month and have 4 lines for ten years.

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jacko20jj that is the criteria they use so not sure how much they can deviate from that. There is a team here that may be able to look at giving you some help/advice, if you can wait until they get to your post they will respond but you may have to be a little patient.

AnnS

Hi @Jacko20jj

The terms for unlocking are 3 clear monthly payments for the new device, this is the same for everyone. Vodafone are not going to unlock the phone before then for you or anyone else who makes the same request.

Otherwise, use a Vodafone PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days making a few chargeable connections and then apply for the unlocking.

If you have 4 accounts and are having problems paying your bill with pending financial difficulties you need to start talking to Vodafone about making a payment plan to buy you some time and start thinking about reducing your commitments.

My girl friend of ten years and mother two my two children has died. She always paid the phone contract I have no use for the phone now. Paying the bill is not an issue but if I could unlock the handset I would be able to get someone else to use it. You would think that Vodafone would understand my situation. 

63johnw

Hi @Jacko20jj sorry for your loss.

Have you tried this ?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/bereavement/form/index.htm

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jacko20jj I'm sorry to hear about your tragic loss and my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. 

As @63johnw has mentioned, our Bereavement team will be best suited to speak with you and come to the best resolution for your circumstances.