Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent Appeal for Resolution: Unfair Vodafone Charge Impacting Life Plans

ahmehr
3: Seeker

Dear Vodafone Customer Support,

I trust this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a distressing situation that has adversely affected my life and well-being. In mid-2022, I fell victim to a phone scam, resulting in unauthorized phone orders placed in my name with EE and Carphone Warehouse. Despite promptly reporting the incident, returning the phones, and receiving assurances from both suppliers that the orders were canceled with no financial obligation on my part, an unfortunate consequence has unfolded.

One of the phones involved in the scam had a Vodafone SIM card. Unfortunately, it appears that Vodafone did not update my account to reflect the cancellation, leading to a reported outstanding balance of £60 on my credit history. As a 55-year-old individual managing diabetes, I had plans to secure a home for myself, bringing peace and stability to the later years of my life. Regrettably, my mortgage application has been declined due to this unjust default notation, leaving me struggling to make ends meet in a rented room.

I find myself in a deeply distressing situation, facing the emotional burden of unfair accusations and the tangible consequences of a damaged credit history. I have never been a Vodafone customer, and it is disheartening to be held accountable for a charge I am not responsible for. What exacerbates this situation is the lack of communication from Vodafone regarding the alleged debt. No email or letter has been received, leaving me bewildered and distressed.

My attempts to seek resolution through your customer service have proven futile. The operators, despite my earnest efforts, express their inability to assist due to the absence of information on their system about my case. This leaves me feeling helpless, wondering if justice or humanity still prevails in such matters. the operatores ask me my vodaphone number which obviously i dont have. with my post code and email address, they are unable to help me (they say)

I kindly request your urgent intervention to investigate and rectify this situation. I implore you to review my case thoroughly, considering the evidence of the scam, the cooperation of the other suppliers involved, and the subsequent return of the phones. I believe in Vodafone's commitment to customer satisfaction and fairness, and I hope you can help restore my credit history and alleviate the hardships I am currently enduring.

I appeal to the humanity and compassion within Vodafone to address this matter promptly and justly. I sincerely hope that the CEO of Vodafone becomes aware of this situation and can empathize with the impact it has had on my life.

Thank you for your attention and understanding. I eagerly await a resolution that will allow me to move forward with my life free from the unjust burdens placed upon me.

Sincerely,

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @ahmehr you have been a victim of identity theft, it's an awful feeling that someone has been using your name and personal information to obtain credit.  Hope you have been in contact with the credit reference agencies, they are there to offer help and support where identity theft is concerned.  There is also your bank for advise.

Vodafone have this information to report fraud I think I've been a victim of fraud 

ahmehr

Dear Anns

thank you for you guidance and reply. you mentioned that there are credit reference agencies. Could you please name a couple of them. If you mean Experian etc. then i will contact them . i will contact and send my story to all possible doors. the details of the impacts on my life are worst. every word of yours in your reply were very helpful.

AnnS

Anns 

you are a star. i just tried to contact the number you mentioned and i was surprised that voda phone attended my call and for the first time they desently listen to me and registered my case. before this they were even not able to find my account. They promised me to solve my problem after investigation within ten days. finger cross. thank you again very much

AnnS

It wouldn't do any harm as a follow up completing and submitting the online fraud report form @ahmehr 

I am sure Vodafone take fraud seriously it affects them as well as the victim. 

Hope all works out for you.