Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VEA after 30 Days

bigbadphil
4: Newbie

So, I f’d up. And I’m gutted about it.

I got myself a new shiny iPhone 12 Pro 50 days ago. I upgraded early and paid £380 for the  privilege. I know it was my choice but I entered into a 3 year contract. I was happy. Well I was until an hour ago. 

I’ve been with Voda for 18 years. Never missed a bill, always upgraded and had VEA for a number of years. This time, I forgot to apply it. I know the 30 day rule I know all that. I just forgot. Now trying to get hold of someone to tell them my case is near on impossible. I’m just hoping some kind hearted soul in the department can help me out. 

I'm desperate. I’m silly and can’t believe I didn’t do it. I don’t know why I didn’t. It hit me like a bolt before. 

is there anyone that would be able to help please? I spoke to chat before but they weren’t much help. 

Thanks. 

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's fantastic news @bigbadphil 

I'm glad the advice was useful to you. 👍

Thumbs up to the Vodafone Social Media Team's for helping.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger and they'll officially clarify @bigbadphil if anything can be done.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Or Customer service on 191 or Live Chat. 

I assume your new contract does not already have any discount applied already as two discounts per contact isn't permitted. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the reply @BandOfBrothers, 

I already spoke to Live Chat and confirmed the discount is not on there and have sent a request to see if anything can be done. This will not give me a response though. Will only show on my next bill but I wanted to hear someone say ‘I will sort it for you’. 

I’ll try again on Twitter. 

Thanks again. 

AnnS

Hi @bigbadphil 

This has happened before and I am sure there won't be anything that can be done about the VEA, the discount is provided by your employer and your employer also would also have some T & C's to keep to for providing the discount to employees.

I wish you good luck and hope you ae able to get some discount added to the contract.

Thanks for the response. I wasn’t aware that my employer (NHS) had anything to do with it. But it’s interesting to find that out. 

I just thought you filled in the form, verified your email from your work emails and then they applied it if it was in the given time. 

There must be someone somewhere I can speak to that can override it or help me by speaking to someone surely. 

I’m guessing it’s not an office with no phones  or communication from the outside world. Or a manager for that matter

BandOfBrothers

At the end of the day it doesn't cost anything to ask customer services via the route I've mentioned @bigbadphil 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the advice @BandOfBrothers. 

Twitter help worked. Even thanked me for my service in the NHS. All they requested was a picture of my badge and 25% was applied to my account for the remainder of my contract. So thanks again. 

5F7229B6-A054-4B51-AF29-3D8605A02C73.jpeg

AnnS

So glad for you @bigbadphil 

You certainly deserve your discount. 

BandOfBrothers

That's fantastic news @bigbadphil 

I'm glad the advice was useful to you. 👍

Thumbs up to the Vodafone Social Media Team's for helping.

Current Phone  >