Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Upgrade - CPW

Monarch
1: Seeker

Hi all

Long standing direct customer of Vodafone with 2 mobiles and Home Phone/ Broadband

Tried to organize 2 renewals - both numbers out of contract - they cannot match the CPW Upgrade deal.

Is there any reason to pay more to stay direct with Vodafone - I understand I may lose the £3 discount for my broadband but I will save at least £30 a month on contract and smaller upfront cost.

Will I still I have my Usa Roaming for example at £6 a day,

Another thing that concerned me with Vodafon is they now wish to Loan me the money for the 2 handsets which means 2 loans on my credit file - does not seem the same with CPW

Just want to make sure im not missing something

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Third party sellers always work out cheaper @Monarch  but don't go for an upgrade go for a new number and save yourself a lot more.

It's simple enough to move the number to the new CPW contract, this quickest way is to port out on PAYG to any other network and back in on the new contract, you will have the number on the new contract within 48 hours at the most.  Otherwise just ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, although this takes 30 days to complete.

Providing you don't go for a Basic contract that doesn't include roaming everything else stays the same without having to take out a loan for the device.

BandOfBrothers

They can give a sweeter deal as they get a kickback from Vodafone for opening a contract / upgrading.

Remember you'll become their customer.

If you haven't already ring 191 and choose the thinking of leaving option which gets you through to the Retentions Department who may have more leeway @Monarch 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The good thing about the loans is you don't get the yearly increase on the phone payment, just the airtime.

Next year we could be looking at around a 15% increase in your monthly price. You are being ripped off if you pay that increase on the phone part of the plan.

Having loans on your credit file might not help if you want a mortgage or other credit though, so you need to decide what's best for you.