cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't give me proof of purchase although I've purchased through them.

shpfl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I recently purchased a smart watch on pay monthly on top of my current phone deal. Needed proof of purchase for a voucher from Samsung. I filled in the form from Vodafone to which they replied to me saying it was purchased from another retailer and to speak to them. I purchased it through Vodafone, through their app, with a deal they sent and now they won't reply to me.  Has anyone else had this issue with this with Vodafone, never had issues with EE 🙄?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @shpfl 

I would advise just to 100% make sure it was taken out through Vodafone.

When you say " I purchased it through Vodafone, through their app, with a deal they sent " , was this the myvodafone app ? And not a 3rd party company who sent some information through to entice you.

You should have some corresponding replies / emails etc from Vodafone from when you completed the purchase to support your Proof of purchase request to show this was taken out directly via Vodafone UK ?

Unfortunately Samsung won't authenticate your claim until they recieve the information they need as the watch wasn't purchased through them. I assume your after the Playstore Voucher !

If your certain this was via Vodafone then have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Teams and or customer service on 191 or Live Chat for support.

Also be mindful of any offer expiry dates Samsung have set for the offer.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Account access isn't available via this forum. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

The My Vodafone app links to VeryMe, Vodafone's rewards and offers scheme, most of which are fulfilled by third parties.   If this is what you used, then your purchase is indeed not through Vodafone.

Have a look at your credit card statements to see who you paid, or your emails to see if you still have a record of the order.   (If you've deleted the acknowledgement, it might still be in your deleted items folder, of course).

Definitely taken out through Vodafone, bank payments go straight to Vodafone, emails all from Vodafone. The offer is through Samsung but watch is purchased through Vodafone, you only need to send Samsung a proof of purchase. Vodafone replied just saying they can't see the item on my account although all documents relating to the purchase are all to and from Vodafone, wish I'd never left EE 😂

hrym

Are those documents not enough?   If nothing else, they should have an order number, so it would be worth persisting.   If the normal customer service channels can't help, drop the Social Media team a note of Facebook or Twitter.