cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

YouTube Premium Expired after 1 month and NOW LOCKED OUT from managing my YouTube account

crazydaz
3: Seeker

I selected my Entertainment pack - YouTube Premium - received a confirmation, enjoyed it for a month, and then without any notice it just stopped working.

When I try to go re-activate my entertainment pack,  I get following error:

"Oh Dear! It looks like you already have YouTube Premium. If you wish to activate this offer, you'll need to cancel your existing payment method through the YouTube website. Your  YouTube Premium account will stay active until the last day of your payment cycle. When your account switched to YouTube non-premium, repeat this Vodafone sign-up process to enjoy your inclusive YouTube Premium"

2021-07-17 15_10_27-Vodafone — Mozilla Firefox.png

When I go to try and cancel it through my YouTube account, I can't even cancel my payment method as YouTube Premium has already expired:
YouTube Premium Expired after only 1 monthYouTube Premium Expired after only 1 month

I tried to go through multiple advisers in the Live Chat, and none were able to solve it. They tried sending me various links, they tried canceling my entertainment pack and then reinstating, but all to no avail.

How do I get my YouTube Premium to work again?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: After chatting to 2 advisers,1 Manager, 1 engineer, now being transferred to the BackEnd team  with ETA of 48-72h.

Edit 2: Issue persists. No news from anyone.

Edit3: Got a response from back-office. After 4 days of waiting, all they did was remove the pack and re-add it again.

Edit4: After contacting Vodafone through Facebook, the adviser didn't even want to listen to me, and kept offering me the same link over and over again. Even after I kept trying and keep getting the same error - he would still say the same thing - "Have you tried using the link?". YES, I tried it dozens of times now, why am I being offered the same bloody solution.

Vodafone is in breach of contract, as you can't provide the service I've been offered for almost 2 weeks now, without any rectification or clarification. All I am being offered is the same re-activation link - which didn't work and it doesn't work.

I have even tried getting YouTube Premium by myself directly from Google - but I cannot -  because I have Vodafone locked under my account [Removed] I tried contacting YouTube Customer Services, who also couldnt remove it, because it was locked under VODAFONE. And to unblock it, I would need to go back to VODAFONE and ask them to unblock it. NEVER IN CONTRACT DOES IT SAY that VODAFONE will be able to LOCK ME OUT from managing my OWN YOUTUBE ACCOUNT.[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thomas456

Well it’s made me decide to leave a paragraph on the matter on my Facebook music page which has over 21K following. , hopefully that will stop my audience from joining a company like this!, I’ve also decided to pay of my sim plan and join EE where customer service would be better than Vodafone …. Saying that any customer service is better than Vodafone’s lol

To those who come across the same issue as us and reading this thread, don’t bother wasting your time with support as they won’t ever resolve it 10 hours wasted with support and no avail, good luck , happy Xmas  

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for flagging this to us @crazydaz and for updating your post too. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you with your Entertainment pack at the moment! Please let us know how you get on following the timescale the team have given. 

Hi @ Tash,

Is there any way to sort this, Advisers in Live Chat and on Social they keep changing, hence I am ending up repeating my all situation over and over again, and they just keep sending me the same links where I can choose my perk. It just goes in circle again and again.

Now when they send me the link, all perks are paid, and YouTube Premium is not even an option ;/

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we've no account access through our Community @crazydaz, so this isn't something we can look into here. Please continue to discuss this with us through one of the channels you've mentioned, or by calling 191 from any Vodafone number and we'll be happy to help until we've got everything sorted for you.

Problem couldnt get fixed, even after talking on the phone to senior teams and the manager. They put the blame on Google, and Google blamed Vodafone.

I ended up removing the Entertainment Package, and just downgrading my plan.

I have this exact problem. It is absolutely shocking that Vodafone are incapable of fixing it. I had the same experience as you, bouncing around between different departments and YouTube, and no one has found a solution. 

rustypops
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having the exact same issue. 3-4 Months happily using Youtube Premium as part of my plan then it randomly stopped working a week back. Been bouncing between vodafone & youtube since. Incredibly frustrating. Getting nowhere

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's see if we can get you back online and enjoying all your favourite content @rustypops. It sounds like we may need to reset your subscription. As we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a private message through one of our social channels

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I had this issue myself a few months ago and the agent said it wasn’t possible to reinstate the extra free month, apologised and credited my account with £11.99 to cover the cost of subscribing for the month.

alsals
4: Newbie

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. I had YouTube Premium on my previous 24 month contact prior, I renewed my contract with a new 24 month contract ...and now I cannot enable YouTube Premium because I receive an error stating that I already have it?!?

I've contacted support over and over again for over a month now (I renewed in August) and still I'm paying for a contract with no entertainment. I should be reimbursed £11.99 a month!!

Has this been fixed? How was it fixed?

I was given a reference number and told I will be contacted in 48 hours when this is fixed, but I haven't been contacted.

The reference number I was given is 764032161749874975.

It's ridiculous vodafone can't honour their contract with google and they are also in breach for not providing the service I am paying them for!!

Please can someone fix this, I can't stand the support staff anymore. They are obsessed with resending the link, after they've had their laugh, they then just pass you on to some other imbecile to send a new link again and again. What is that!!?? 

The error is:

"It looks like you already have YouTube Premium. If you wish to activate this offer, you’ll need to cancel your existing payment method through the YouTube website. Your YouTube Premium account will stay active until the last day of your payment cycle. When your account switches to YouTube non-premium, repeat this Vodafone sign-up process to enjoy your inclusive YouTube Premium.It looks like you already have YouTube Premium. If you wish to activate this offer, you’ll need to cancel your existing payment method through the YouTube website. Your YouTube Premium account will stay active until the last day of your payment cycle. When your account switches to YouTube non-premium, repeat this Vodafone sign-up process to enjoy your inclusive YouTube Premium."

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/181382764?hl=en