Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Youtube Subsciption Problem

ekara
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just signed up to a new plan which gives a free entertainment package.

I have received a text with the entertainment link on when I try adding YouTube shows the next page says "oh dear! We'll take you back to the home page" and they only option is a "close" button

I would be grateful if you could solve this problem.

Regards

66 REPLIES 66

I've phoned 191 and been told there's a problem with the service and should be back running by next week

I’ve got the same problem on my entertainment plan. It told me my subscription for YouTube premium expired on 17/06/22. When I log in to the page where you can manage your entertainment addons, it states that I have the subscription active until 16/03/24. I have spoken to many web advisers and and even an adviser on the phone. They state that this is an ongoing issue that they are trying to resolve which many customers like myself are facing. One could not give me a timeframe of how long the issue would take to resolve. Another told me hopefully by the end of the week. The phone adviser also advised that they have had many calls about this and are trying to rectify the situation. It’s not great as I am now stuck with Ads on YouTube which is highly inconvenient when I’m trying to watch something. Please get this sorted ASAP. I first noticed this when I was confused about seeing adverts within the app (not on the videos itself) when I was clearly on YT premium and even had the premium logo at the top. It’s only when I closed and reopened it did the premium logo disappear and discovered what had happened. Please can you sort this issue out ASAP as it is really inconvenient for me.

I too have this issue as of yesterday morning.

I called customer service, they think its something to do with the google/youtube servers and don't have an ETA for a resolution.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anuraagpaul @Andyparks  we're aware of some issues subscribing to YouTube Premium at the moment as @NMAGR has mentioned, and we're working hard to get this resolved with them. 

If you know that you should still have this included, please try again over the next few days - if you need us to check your plans, please pop my team a message on social media 🙂 

Add me to the list. I've just spent an hour on chat, being disconnected and reconnected as tactically as always, repeating the same security information to agents who apparently are "reading my chat" so can clearly see my previous answers.

It's clear Vodafone has a commercial issue with YouTube, who have severed VF customers from the Premium service. Why wasn't there communication sent out to explain the issue, or what to expect? I've been told to wait 1 week, couldn't that have been sent to us all via text? I had a text saying it would be cancelled so it was clearly planned.

I'm the same as the OP in that my contract runs until last 2023. This unscheduled severance of the Entertainment package has happened a few times over the past years. 

Is Vodafone going to take £11.99 of my Vodafone plan with entertainment package so I can have YouTube premium because that's what it says I have to do to get YouTube premium back I don't think so... I was told to wait 3 to 4 days on Monday and still not sorted out 

Screenshot_20220624-123511.png

I spoke to Vodafone regarding my YT premium service going down. They said it's a known issue. I asked if I would be compensated and they gave me £10 credit for the inconvenience (don't ask, you don't get). Hopefully not long till its fixed, can't stand ads!!!

Hi, 

I have YouTube Premium as an extra in my monthly contract. It should be working until January 2023 but It has been 4 days that it's not working. All my bills are paid. 

When is this going to be fixed?

Thanks 

J

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Julscr 🙂 We're aware of an issue with this and we're working hard to get things back to normal as soon as possible. 

We'd recommend to keep checking it over the next few days and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Thank you, Amanda :Smiling: