main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Youtube Subsciption Problem

ekara
2: Seeker

I have just signed up to a new plan which gives a free entertainment package.

I have received a text with the entertainment link on when I try adding YouTube shows the next page says "oh dear! We'll take you back to the home page" and they only option is a "close" button

I would be grateful if you could solve this problem.

Regards

View more options
28 REPLIES 28
garichd
3: Seeker

I am facing exactly the same issue. Will appreciate some advice,

Looking at the browser logs - this seems to be the error and will probably help :

{"usecaseId":"afa8a319-7560-4202-aab7-98bba7556411","transactionId":"8ea0aa72-aa3c-4eef-9bee-2f79004e12c8","reason":"YOUTUBE_VFG_POLICY_EXCEPTION","reasonCode":"400","description":"Youtube400FamilyExceptionYoutube returned an unexpected PolicyException"}

View more options
Gemma

@ekara @garichd - thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry that you’re both facing this issue when trying to pick YouTube as part of your Entertainment choice. We’re aware of this and we’re working hard to get it fixed as soon as possible.

View more options
garichd

@Gemma , Thanks for the reply. Can you please update this post once the issue is fixed?

View more options
Gemma

@garichd - you’re welcome and of course. One of us will pop back as soon as we know more 😊

View more options
Andyparks

On Monday I received a text that my YouTube premium was cancelled but it's not supposed to end till November 2023 as stated on my plan

Hello. Just to confirm, your inclusive YouTube Premium subscription has now ended. If you've signed up to a new plan with entertainment included, we'll send you another text shortly to let you know how to set it up

I've tried to activate it again but it's £11.99 a month I've been on endless webchats but told nothing...I'm paying for a service now I'm not getting 

View more options
Amanda
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us @Andyparks 👋

Did you upgrade your last contract early? It may be that the 24 month subscription period started earlier and this is why you've received this message - as it could be 24 months from when the new plan/entertainment pack was activated. 

So we can check this and help get it set back up for you, come and chat to my team on social media - please remember to include your community username and a link to your post, so you won't need to repeat yourself. 

View more options
anuraagpaul

I’ve got the same problem on my entertainment plan. It told me my subscription for YouTube premium expired on 17/06/22. When I log in to the page where you can manage your entertainment addons, it states that I have the subscription active until 16/03/24. I have spoken to many web advisers and and even an adviser on the phone. They state that this is an ongoing issue that they are trying to resolve which many customers like myself are facing. One could not give me a timeframe of how long the issue would take to resolve. Another told me hopefully by the end of the week. The phone adviser also advised that they have had many calls about this and are trying to rectify the situation. It’s not great as I am now stuck with Ads on YouTube which is highly inconvenient when I’m trying to watch something. Please get this sorted ASAP. I first noticed this when I was confused about seeing adverts within the app (not on the videos itself) when I was clearly on YT premium and even had the premium logo at the top. It’s only when I closed and reopened it did the premium logo disappear and discovered what had happened. Please can you sort this issue out ASAP as it is really inconvenient for me.

View more options
NMAGR

I too have this issue as of yesterday morning.

I called customer service, they think its something to do with the google/youtube servers and don't have an ETA for a resolution.

View more options
Amanda
Community Manager

@anuraagpaul @Andyparks  we're aware of some issues subscribing to YouTube Premium at the moment as @NMAGR has mentioned, and we're working hard to get this resolved with them. 

If you know that you should still have this included, please try again over the next few days - if you need us to check your plans, please pop my team a message on social media 🙂 

View more options
Andyparks

I've phoned 191 and been told there's a problem with the service and should be back running by next week

View more options
garichd

@Gemma , Is there any update on this issue ?

View more options
Gemma

@garichd - we’ve had an update to say it’s still actively being worked on. We’ll be back here when we've anymore news.

View more options
ekara

@garichd I've managed to subscribe to Youtube just now.

Possibly you can do it too.

View more options
garichd

@ekara , Thanks, Unfortunately still not working for me..!

View more options
Julscr

Hi, 

I have YouTube Premium as an extra in my monthly contract. It should be working until January 2023 but It has been 4 days that it's not working. All my bills are paid. 

When is this going to be fixed?

Thanks 

J

View more options
garichd

@Gemma , @Amanda I am facing another issue, I am now not getting an inclusive option for the entertainment pack. but getting the paid options only. I do not have an active subscription.

see the screenshot below:

garichd_0-1656056788653.png

garichd_1-1656056834503.png

How do I solve this issue..!  :Sad_face:

View more options
Andyparks

I'm having the same problem if I want YouTube premium I have to pay £11.99 a month when it's supposed to be part of my plan.. how long dose it take to tick a few boxes and sort everyone YouTube out that's having this problem 

View more options
Johnny88Sunday

Add me to the list. I've just spent an hour on chat, being disconnected and reconnected as tactically as always, repeating the same security information to agents who apparently are "reading my chat" so can clearly see my previous answers.

It's clear Vodafone has a commercial issue with YouTube, who have severed VF customers from the Premium service. Why wasn't there communication sent out to explain the issue, or what to expect? I've been told to wait 1 week, couldn't that have been sent to us all via text? I had a text saying it would be cancelled so it was clearly planned.

I'm the same as the OP in that my contract runs until last 2023. This unscheduled severance of the Entertainment package has happened a few times over the past years. 

View more options
Amanda
Community Manager

Hi @Julscr 🙂 We're aware of an issue with this and we're working hard to get things back to normal as soon as possible. 

We'd recommend to keep checking it over the next few days and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

View more options