Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

bar international sms

casaschi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

if I enable the international calls bar, would this also prevent the device from sending SMSs to international numbers?

I could not find a separate account setting for allowing/barring SMSs to international numbers.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Take a look at your online account and My Vodafone Application @casaschi .  There  is a restriction bar There.

@AnnS 

I can’t find anything to bar “international SMSs”.

There’s a bar on premium SMS, but it was active and I still got billed on my daughter line for SMS to Bosnia.

Hi @casaschi. We can apply the necessary international bar(s) at a network level. As we don't have access to your Vodafone account through the Community, if you'd like the relevant bars applied through your Vodafone account, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Social Media team. 

If you don't have social media, you can also get in touch with us over the phone on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile (03333 040191 from any other UK phone - charges depend on the network provider), via Live Chat online, or by popping into your nearest Vodafone Hub

@Jason thanks for the feedback.

I spent quite some time with the online chat, but I was offered no workable solution for blocking international SMSs. The only solution that the chat operators suggested was to reduce the spending limit to 0, but that would block any chargeable item.

Are you saying that the chat operators were wrong and there is instead an option to only bar SMS to international numbers?

I spent a lot of time on chat, I just don’t want to repeat the same with another channel and arrive to the same conclusion.

PS: the chat system is awful, I talked to 5 different chat operators for this same issue, every time eventually placed on hold, disconnected, connected to a new operator and having to explain the issue again to the new operator.

We would need to take a look at your number on your account @casaschi as we often have access to more barring options than those available via the My Vodafone app. It is likely that the chat agents already did this and did not find any available barring options so they gave you the advice about the Spend Manager but if you would like my team to double check, please do pop the Social team a message.