Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisting none personal phone

Matthew14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am a mobile phone repairer who buys phones for repair and resale. On a recent sale the phone was stolen from the package by the courier and I had to start a insurance claim. The courier has requested the phone be blacklisted before they will pay out. The phone was locked to Vodafone network. I did not use a Vodafone SIM in the phone all I did was purchase to repair and resell. How can I blacklist this phone on the basis I did not use it with a sim card? I have the IMEI but I do not have a Vodafone account. 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Matthew14 

The problem you are going to have here is you are not the original owner who had the device registered to an account, plus the fact you are not even a Vodafone customer with an account to verify. Vodafone will also only be able to IMEI block a phone when a Vodafone SIM was used in the phone at the time of loss. 

As you purchased the phone to repair and resale, if you know the person you purchased the phone from for repair and resale he or she may be able to help but that would be unlikely.

I am not sure there will be anything Vodafone would be able to do to help you here but there is no harm asking, and this is something live chat would be able to answer but without a Vodafone account that may also be a problem.

BandOfBrothers

I would think as this is a unique situation of you not being a Vodafone Customer the courier will need to be informed so that they can take alternative steps to the usual blacklisting route and hopefully find in your favour @Matthew14 

Vodafone Uk in my opinion won't be able to help you with this 

I assume the insurance cover for the package needs to be used hence the blacklisting.

I assume they have accepted that the phone has been stolen by a member of staff so they need to resolve this by whatever means they have and not really leave it in your hands to blacklist a phone you've not had possession of or used.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.