Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Master code

Dutchy1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying to unlock my phone to use with another SIM Network. I have entered various codes PuK, NUC etc, having read other posts it appears i need a Master Code for my handset from Vodafone. How do i get this as no one appears to know what a master Code is?

Many thanks

56 REPLIES 56

Hello. I am getting his same issue Samsung S7 edge . I've spoken to several people at Vodaphone on chat and they are treating me like I'm stupid. 

Can someone please help me resolve 😞

@JessT wrote:

Hello. I am getting his same issue Samsung S7 edge . I've spoken to several people at Vodaphone on chat and they are treating me like I'm stupid. 

Can someone please help me resolve 😞

Been trying for couple weeks now and even went to Vodafone shop, told them no one believes me they loughed out loud, they even contacted vodafone and explained but they couldn't get it and they admitted they don't know what is required to be unlocked. They even swapped my sim card to see if thats the issue as the said never seen this before. Samsung saying is Vodafone network lock and they cannot help.  Vodafone said have contacted Samsung to see if there is a way to unlock . Now waiting for Vodafone to resolve . Will post here any outcome. 

Im feeling equally frustrated.. Vodafone staff need their training updated ASAP.

I've reached the point where if I don't get a reply bybtomorrow I will pay online for the Master (unfreeze) code myself. You can do this on eBay but really - we shouldn't have to 😞

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mr_Flibble I can see you're in contact with our team, I can assure you we'll follow everything through to ensure your phone is unlocked. 

@JessT @rhoti If you haven't contacted our team already, please get in touch using the link in my private message. We certainly wouldn't expected or recommend using a third party to unlock the phone and we'd be able to raise this request for you. 

I'm in a similar circle trying to get my security updates to my Galaxy S8. Last one was on Feb 2018. And Vodafone sends me to Samsung. And Samsung sends me to Vodafone. And as a result I don't receive any updates. Such a shame. More over, Vodafone customer service treats me as if I am an idiot saying me how to check for updates. Settings/........,  aaarrrgggg.. :Smiling: No more Vodafone for me. 

Hi GUys, im having the same issue.. i have entered the unlock code from VF, it says successful and then asks me for a SIM Network Unlock PIN and I have no idea what that is.. your customer services have no idea also.. Any advice would be appreciated. Its a old Sony Xperia Compact 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Depending on the make of your phone these threads discuss master codes with some master codes also shared in them @Dutchy1

If they are no good then don't please try your unlocking code too many times which will hardlock the phone so it'll then need to be sent away for its counter to be reset. 

Instead phone 191 or use Live Chat and ask the agent to esculate this to the Nuc Unlocking Department and they can also give you the direct email address for Nuc Unlocking too for help. 

Or let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they'll help. 

Nokia-6300-Unlock.

S8-Unlocking-My-experience.

Unlocking-Galaxy-S6.

The actual manufacturer might be also able to help with a mastercode although they can't help with the actual unlocking of a branded phone. 

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.