cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC Network Unlock "Master Unlock Code" to over ride Counter Lock Exceeded. Is there such a thing?

RMD888
2: Seeker

According to Vodafone reply (below) to another user it seems there is such a thing as a  "Master Unlock Code" to over ride Counter Lock Exceeded but I've had no reply. 

I would just like to know if there Is such a thing (for Sony Xperia 1ii) to avoid having to send it off to Sony to reset it without the code held by Vodafone?

If anyone can help with anything to do with this subject as I've entered correctly now 2 codes received from Vodafone which have not worked. 

VODAFONE REPLY: Please contact our social media team they'll be able to request a master code for you from the manufacturer. Please provide them with the IMEI of the device and NUC that hasn't worked- it normally takes another 10 working days for a response via email.

Thanks,

Russ..

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RMD888, If you exceeded the number of unlock attempts set by the manufacturer and your phone's been locked, it'll need to be returned to them to unlock it. This is a procedure that can only be performed via Sony. Once they've reset the attempts count, we can look into unlocking the phone to allow it to be connected to any network. If you reach out to Sony's Support team, I'm sure they'll be able to offer more help with this. 

Thank you Mark, makes sense to me. Such a shame to be promised faithfully by Vodafone call centres about this "Master" code and then receive a different second code i.e. the so called master code. I did wonder if there was perhaps a different procedure for entering the second code but found nothing and carried on in the normal way as per Vodafone instructions which failed. Regards.       

Ahmed_kamal

I purchased a an Iphoe XR here in Pakistan from a local vendor, apparently it is SIM Locked? It was purchased somewhre in 2018. Is there anyway I can get it unlocked?

Hi @Ahmed_kamal All iPhones should be unlocked. Have you tried a SIM in it? What network does it say it is locked to?

It's locked with Vodafone UK. Was purchased in 2018. As per search it's blacklisted.