Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock gigacube

kjohnr2001
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to unlock a gigacube - is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

A Gigacube can't be unlocked @kjohnr2001 , it is a Vodafone device and can only be used at the approved registered address.

See here under availability: Gigacube 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS

A Gigacube can't be unlocked @kjohnr2001 , it is a Vodafone device and can only be used at the approved registered address.

See here under availability: Gigacube 

Effie

Hey @kjohnr2001 I hope you're well! Unlocking a Gigacube is not a service we offer 🙂

Thanks Steph - why is this not an option when the device will still be at the original address?

surely this goes against fair trading rules as vodaphone charges are double their competitors for the same data package?

@kjohnr2001 As the Gigacube, and the Gigacube specific SIM that it comes with are Vodafone equipment, it can only be used in the UK, on the Vodafone network at your registered address. It can also only be used for personal use at the approved address. Keeping the device locked prevents people from using the device for none personal usage or from taking it outside of the UK, both of which would break the Ts&Cs highlighted here.

No intention of moving the device. Looking to halve the monthly data cost. This will still remain for personal use, and would not have a VF sim.

I can certainly appreciate that @kjohnr2001 Unfortunately those are the T&Cs set and they apply to everyone, even those like yourself who would genuinely use it for personal use and not use it for business or roaming. 

Fascinating, I purchased TWO 5G Gigacubes with the sole purpose of flexibility in being able to use anywhere in the UK, in fact it was my stipulation that determined what the Vodafone sales team could offer me. I haven't had any issues taking them with me to several places in the UK. In addition, also of the two is permanently installed at a location other than my registered address.