main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlocking your phone (NUC)

63johnw
17: Community Champion

@Jedwards wrote:

Hi,

I received an unlock code recently as I'm in the US now, but it is not working (says unlock unsuccessful). I don't believe I entered it wrong or too many times, also IMEI matches.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8

Kind regards,

Josh

Hi vodafone can’t guarantee an unlock code will work overseas, it needs to be done in the UK when on the UK network. Can you send it back to anyone here to help with the unlock?

View more options
Powerfulj
2: Seeker

My code that was sent didn't work. I have a s7 edge and imie is [Removed]  I didn't add the last bit which is / 82  phone says SIM network pin block. Enter sim network PUK

mobile [Removed]  i got a new upgrade so any help please? Code you sent me was [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
Sbrierley

I received an NUC from Vodafone so I could use my former Vodafone handset on a new network, but it is not recognised. The phone is asking for the SIM network unlock PUK code. Is this the same thing?

I am using a non vodafone SIM which initially wanted a PIN unlock code. Did not know this so PUK was then requested after 3 unsuccessful PIN attempts. 

If I put this non vodafone SIM in an open phone (i.e. one not locked to the vodafone network) it works without issue.

Can someone get back to me via email and sort this, thx

P.S> IMEI and NUC were checked and rechecked for typos

View more options
Powerfulj

Still waiting and no response what's the point in telling customers to post on this and no1 replies??

View more options
kiyonebabe

Just an update in case it helps anyone...

After several emails back and forth with Vodafone where I re-supplied my details, they resent me a NUC which was the same number they originally sent but with a zero on the front.  Presumably the initial automated response cut off the leading zero, so it may be worth trying to re-enter your NUC with a zero in front.  My original code was 7 numbers long, the correct one with a zero is 8 numbers long.

View more options
jcblue

I have just received the unlock code & I have typed it in but it says it's unsuccessful  I have checked the imei number & it's correct & have typed in the unlock code several times but it says unsuccessful  can you help me please! 

View more options
Gemma
16: Advanced member

I’m sorry for the delay in us reaching your posts.

@Jedwards - We can get the Network Unlock Code checked for you. As @63johnw has confirmed, we can’t always guarantee it’ll work when you’re abroad. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Powerfulj @Sbrierley @jcblue - We’ll get this escalated to our Network Unlock team. Please contact us by going through the steps in this private message (including full details of what’s happening when you enter the code).

@kiyonebabe - Thanks for the advice to other users. I hope your phone’s unlocked now! Please let us know if you need any further help.

View more options
lisamartinx

I am having so many issues trying to unlock my phone. I want to use a new Sim (giff gaff) however whenever I enter the sim and try to set up my iphone it says "Sim not supported" and I cannot move further than that message. I have called Vodafone at least 3 times, spoken to 3 different people on live chat and emailed the unlock team twice and I am no further forward. I have followed all of the instructions, including restoring my iphone to factory settings and still nothing. Can someone please get in touch to dicuss this? All I want to know if whether my phone is locked and what the problem is, instead of receiving automated emails and no useful information. 

View more options
Nomy87

Hi I'm trying to a giffgaff sim card into a Huawei P9 phone. I have received the unlocking code and put in the new sim card. It then asked me for the unlock code, which I entered twice as the first try didn't work and said wrong number. I checked the IMEI number and that eas correct so i don't know what I've done wrong and I need the phone working ASAP. Thanks for your time, Naomi. 

View more options
tjbeauregard
3: Seeker

Please can I have assistance re unlocking my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016)?  The phone was supplied by Vodafone and was used by me for approx 2y on contract, plus I have triple checked the IMEI.  After reboot and at the message "SIM network PIN blocked.  Enter SIM network PUK" I entered the unlock code provided by Vodafone.  I get the error message "Network unlock request unsuccessful" and it switches back to the previous message.  Thank you.

View more options
kiyonebabe

How many digits long is your code? I had this on a Samsung phone. The code was only 7 digits long and it should have been 8. Try adding a zero in front if it's not long enough.

View more options
tjbeauregard

Its an 8 digit code, so its the same as yours, thanks for the reply anyway!

View more options
kiyonebabe

It was worth a go! Good luck getting it sorted.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received the NUC code, bit O get unsuccessful whenever I try the code. From my research it seems what I actually nees is the MCK code (master code DEEFREEZE SIM PUK code).

This is due to the following message received when entering a foreign SIM card: SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

Please help...

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 128GB, not edge. Model SM-G920F.

NUC code provided was 83646173.

Need MCK master unlock code please

View more options
jcblue

Hiya, I still haven't heard anything from anyone. Can u please help me with the unlock code. I have private messaged & not heard back.

Cheers

View more options
Jim53

Sorry mate you're not gonna hear anything useful, been trying for six weeks, getting new unlocked phone tomorrow, yes I'm free!!!  I've not heard of anyone getting unlocked from Vodafone. They don't want you to have access to cheaper contracts!

View more options
tjbeauregard

That is the most useful message on this forum - thank you and goodbye Vodafone!

View more options
Tash

@lisamartinx @Nomy87 @Anonymous @tjbeauregard It's a shame to see you've been experiencing issues when requesting to unlock your phone. So that we can help to resolve this for you, please follow the details I've sent in the private messages that I've sent to you. 

@jcblue I can see that we responded to your email on 19 August and then received your response that was sent on the same day. We'll reply back to this as soon as possible to help.

@Jim53 I'm disappointed to hear that you hadn't received a response to your Network Unlock Code (NUC) request and that you've now bought another phone because of this. I can see that our team replied to your latest email on 6 August. Should you require any further assistance now or in the future, please reply back to our email.

View more options
giscott
4: Newbie

Hello,

I have requested an unlock for an iPhone SE, but got the dreaded unsuccessful email in response to the form submission. Please can someone take a look for me if I confirm the details to you?

I bought the phone a few months ago and have been using it since. 

Thanks,

Greg

View more options