Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G4 Boot Loop

soutermon
2: Seeker

I'm getting the dreaded boot loop issue on my LG G4 with S/N beginning 509.  As I understand it, this is a motherboard issue, and will require some fixing, but when I spoke online to Vodafone Customer Services using the online chat function, I was informed I should just take it to my local Vodafone shop where they will fix it there and then for me.  Can anyone confirm if this is the case?  I'm very doubtful having read a few forum threads about the issue.

I'm currently offshore for work, and won't be back for 18 days, and once back I will be travelling to Norway for a week where I'd ideally like to use my phone.  If it needs to be sent away, I'm guessing there will be no chance of this happening.

I've also read about a possible temporary fix involving downloading the LG Bridge tool and .tot files. Is this recommended?

Cheers :Smiling:

58 REPLIES 58

Hi @jeh1989

I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. Please let us know how you get on with LG. 

Thanks, 

Cara

For anyone still reading my LG G3 boot loop was due to the battery not holding sufficent charge when multi tasking (which ended up going down to being switched on).

I ended up taking a battery out of a stores box fresh LG G3 (as they wouldnt give me the whole new phone....) and replacing it which cured the issues i'd had for months. Its a shame that the 2 weeks it spent with Vodafone told me that the battery was fine when clearly it wasnt.

llaw

Update on my LGG4 boot loop problem. After Vodafone stated my phone was water damaged and therefore unfixable I sent it directly to LG who have taken less than two weeks to collect, fix and return phone in full working condition. Much to my delight as would have forked out to purchase new phone on vodafobes advice. My opinion, if you are experiencing this issue Vodafone repairs are a waste of time, best to send directly to LG.  

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Yep, that backs up the advice we regularly give on here. Take the phone to the manufacturer as they have the discretion to be able to fix things that third party repairers can't.

PWIAC

gt37
6: Helper
6: Helper

Mine started the same today after having the phone for 14 months, 2 months out of warrenty,cheers then. But as its a known fault then surely they should repair it. I've contacted LG direct, and also Vodafone, who say take phone to local shop.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gt37

Please take the phone into your local highstreet store and we will discuss a repair service with you. 

What have LG advised?

Louise

LG have not replied to my query, i'm going to my local Voadafone store tomorrow morning

jeh1989
I wouldnt advise taking it to Vodafone at all. I think EU law states you get a 2 year phone warranty. Ring LG and see what they can do. I sent mine to Vodafone and they refused to repair and stated it was my fault. Awful service from Vodafone. Cancelling my 4 mobiles with them. Really gone downhill. LG on the other hand replaced and repaired it. They ackowledged it was a faulty motherboard and apologied. Vodafone customer services didn't even know it was a well known common issue. Try LG because i wouldnt count on Vodafone for help.

jeh1989
I would honestly wait for your query. It usually takes 3 working days but its your call. More people have had better success sending it to LG. When i sent it to Vodafone they also made me buy a smartphone. Even though i was on a red plan entitled to a free courtesy phone. Poor Vodafone

In my spam folder was a reply from yesterday, so will try direct with LG first to see what they say