Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 7 Loses signal - complains is in airplane mode when it isn't

poggers001
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: Pixel 7 Loses signal - complains is in airplane mode when it isn't - AL7 Welwyn Garden City

Hi,
I am having a strange issue with my Pixel 7. Every few hours i lose all signal and no matter what I do settings wise I cannot get it to come back. The only way is to reset the phone which is strange.
It complains it is in airplane mode when it isn't and cannot find any signal at all. I am also unable to disable the sim card. When selecting the option to turn it off it stays on.
Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it please? 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It can happen anywhere at anytime.

2) What is the full postcode AL7 but again anywhere

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Now my Pixel 5 worked fine.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Won't turn off SIM when I try.

Apps complain phone is in airplane mode when it isn't.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

As soon as I got my phone.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Intermittent and at random.

2 REPLIES 2

Effie

Hey @poggers001 I hope you're doing well! If the issue only occurs when the SIM is in your new phone then this is unlikely to be a network or SIM issue. Did you get the phone from us directly? If so, are you able to pop into a Vodafone store so they can test to see if they can replicate the problem with one of their handsets? 

Ok will do. It's driving me a bit crazy. Thanks.