Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tricky one for the technically minded? Voicemail

Chris-Gardener
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ok clever people here is a puzzle?

At work we have electronic gates that automatically call my phone for entry when we have a delivery etc,  if I don't answer within a certain number of rings the gate system then calls the next member of staff,  and if they don't answer it rings a third person, we speak to the delivery driver and let them in by pressing #. The issue I have is that I work on a big country estate and often don't have signal so its important that my voicemail works, it is set to answer after a longer duration then the gate system so when i have signal everything works fine, but when I'm somewhere i don't have signal or if my battery dies, this leaves the person at the gate talking to a voicemail and not being let into the property, because the machine doesn't know its a machine that answers not me? So

Question 1: Can I turn my voicemail off only when I don't have signal or my phone is off ? 

Question 2: If there is no way to turn off voicemail just when my phone is unavailable, is there a way to exclude a specific number from voicemail ie. if I get a call from the gate it never gets forwarded to voicemail.

Question 3: If neither 1 or 2 are an option would it be possible to have a clever call forwarding solution to another phone that is permanently plugged in somewhere.

Please help as I can't find anything online that will be a simple fix TIA 

1 REPLY 1

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

To answer Question 1.... No!

By default, when you enable voicemail it creates three diverts:

1. Forward when busy
  2. Forward when unanswered
  3. Forward when unreachable

Turn off "Forward when unreachable" so that when you have no signal or turn off your handset voicemail will be disabled.

On my Samsung, it's here:

Phone > Three dots > Settings >Supplementary services > Call forwarding