Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi calling disappeared Samsung S6 Edge

NathanCase
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Problem: Wi-Fi calling option has disappeared from my phone. Previously worked. Have tried to re-enable through  Phone > ellipses > more settings > but no wi-fi calling option.

Details: Vodafone bought Samsung S6 Edge (SM-G925F). Android 7.0. Red Bundle. Wi-Fi calling is enabled on my account.

Steps tried: Re-set APN details. Restarted multiple times. Installed and used Google Now launcher.

Of note: I note that the same issue is being posted (again!) for the S7 device. I thought I'd create a seperate topic seeing as I have the S6. But it basically looks to be the same issue.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @NathanCase

May I ask if you've recently updated your firmware from Marshmallow to Nougat ?

I ask because that's been the cause of the loss of that feature from updating. 

Vodafone are aware. 

Just to note Samsung wouldn't be able to help in this case. 

Some have suggested turning off Calling Over Wifi for 24 hours via your MyVodafone settings and then re apply. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think some have mentioned that having Voicemail turned on has caused issues so they turned it off and did the reset of Calling Over Wifi as mentioned above. Don't quote me on that tho. :Winking_smiley:

If not then I'd suggest to contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat if you haven't already for them to access your Account to double check things. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Apologies for the slow response.

Yes, as I noted, I am running Android 7 (Nougat). I'd done a factory reset a week or so before posting due to other issues as well.

I will contact customer services but my experience of them has been hit and miss. It would be nice to have official confirmation from Vodafone about this issue though.

Thanks.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi I activated Wi-Fi calling and it never showed up and in the last week another update came taking my security from 1feb to 1 st of June and with it came Wi-Fi calling so if you have not received an update in last few weeks there is a chance your s6 could be next in line 

I'm sure you have but just to be double sure it would be worth sending the activation text or live chat and you should get a text saying it is set up

Thanks. My security patch version level is 1 April 2017 - so perhaps I do have an update waiting (just did a manual check and it says I am up-to-date though).

For anyone interested, I chatted with Sana from technical support (online) and they said:

"...as per the update received from Samsung ,the android version 7 does not support wifi calling."

"They are working on it to bring an updated version that shall support wifi calling."

"So am afraid at the moment even though the wifi calling is available on the number you won't be able to use it with Samsung s6 edge"

SKYMAN513

I have just checked on Sam mobile and there is an update coming for your s6 and from what I have read from knowledgeable sources they don't put info out if they are unsure so just keep checking it being released in Europe at this moment and as a previous experienced user as said they can not release them all at once as it would grind the system to a halt.

after I read about my update  being rolled out it took about 2 weeks to come through,

So with a bit of luck you should get your update within a couple of weeks and hopefully fix the Wi-Fi issue and bug fixes which should take you to security patch 1st of may

Hope all comes through for you as I know some people could really benefit from it

SKYMAN513

I've just checked the Vodafone site and as long as your on the correct bundle the s6 is definitely getting Wi-Fi calling 

The only reason I can see for some one telling you your not getting it is that your on a different bundle but under compatible devices the s6 is definitely eligible as there is an option for eligible devices and the s6 is definitely there so its now down to you bundle 

The red value bundle and a couple of others.

I have just had a brain fart trying to remember them all🤔🤕

Edit

I've just read your first post again sorry you should definitely get it As you wouldn't of got the first time I would of thought if they were going to remove it I'm sure they would of give you some notice

Just to add and you probably already know you can manually search for security updates and software updates so make sure you check both also I got a tip from BANDOFBROTHERS if I get a notification I dismiss it and then do a manual search and then you know your getting the real deal

An update:

Installed an update to my phone this morning and Wi-Fi calling is back!

Android Patch Level: 1 May 2017

Kernel: 3.10.31-10940776

SKYMAN513

I thought it would come with the next update you'd receive 

Don't be insulted but make  you activate it