Ask

Solution

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network

Steve1963
2: Seeker

Hi Folks,

Just tried to access the Internet on my 4S and got the following message;

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network - You Are Not Subscribed To A Mobile Data Service

I can access via Wi-Fi with no problem at all. This is the first time I have tried to access the internet

using the 3G network via my Sure Signal with Wi-Fi turned off.

I'm only doing this because I have been unable to access the My Vodafone app. Someone suggested that I made sure I could access my Vodafone internet account. I can't !

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve1963

I now have the answer to my own question and the My Vodafone app now works for the first time;

Settings > General - make sure Mobile Data is ON and select

Scroll down to Mobile Data Network and select

Mobile Data > APN - should read pp.vodafone.co.uk (if you are on PAYG) or

wap.vodafone.co.uk (if you are pay monthly)

I did it and now I can access the internet and use the my vodafone app as well.

My life is now worth living again !!

View solution in original position

55 REPLIES 55

westallv

Vodafone, I joined you 2 weeks ago after many years with EE. Ever since joining you I have had no data at all on my new phone. The error message I get when I try to access the internet through 3G is 'could not activate cellular data network'. This is not location specific and my other half uses his Vodafone 3G in our home and is not experiencing any issues. I have called your customer services team every day since receiving the phone on the 7th Nov and I still have no resolution. One of your advisors told me today to 'cancel my contract and return my phone' as there is no solution. From looking at your forums this is not a unique problem. I have been in store today and had a new sim and I'm still getting the same issue. I can't bring myself to wait at least 20 minutes to speak to yet another unhelpful advisor and would appreciate you looking into this for me - or at least providing some helpful solution. You've taken £60 out of my account for a phone I can't even use. Unhappy customer is not even close. I look forward to your response.

Oh and I have 3 days left until the 14 days after joining you are up so a swift response would be appreciated.

Chipping9
I have the same message in my iPhone 4. Was using mobile data fine on PAYG, then transported my old number over from Tesco and now it won't connect to Internet unless on wifi. Have tried settings/ erasing everything/ rebooting etc?

What else can I try?

Shellamar
Hi I've got similar problem for iPhone 6 plus I swapped my new number keeping my old number after swapping my mobile data is not working anymore " could not activate mobile data" can you please contact me ?

Hi everyone,

@KevinJacobs - Please let us know the reference number in the auto reply. It'll look like [#8xxxxx].

@Shellamar - So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Shellamar
Where can j find my reference number ?

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Shellamar 

The reference number will be sent via autoreply once you've followed the instructions Matt_B sent over. 

Thanks, 

Phil