Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need help

Kasuru
2: Seeker
I have iphone 4, serial number- 88052MMSA4S-version 5.0.1 baseband 04.12.09 -IMEI 012544006791373 from Vodafone Uk, the contract of this phone has expired so want to unlock permanently, can you help me the procedure?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

You do not need the original sim to unlock the phone, in fact you need a sim, from a different network.

You do need to put you account details with the original phone number into the NUC form though.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

kids

Providing you are the original owner of the phone you can complete the NUC form with your account details and have it unlocked.

If you are not the original owner you will have to ask that person to complete the form for you. Vodafone will not unlock the phone for anyone other than the original owner.

Kasuru
Thank you for your advice, I can't remember where i put original sim card of this phone, so i don't know what can i do. Still i need help!

kids

You do not need the original sim to unlock the phone, in fact you need a sim, from a different network.

You do need to put you account details with the original phone number into the NUC form though.

Kasuru
The phone isn't mine, i bought from uk!

kids

Vodafone will not unlock the phone for you.

Vodafone will only unlock the phone at the request of the original owner, if you are not able to contact that person you will not be able to have the phone unlocked.

Kasuru
I was using gevey for a long, i upgraded my iphone from 5.0.1 to latest version 7.1.2 requires the original sim card to activate, I have already told you that I haven't original sim card, So it causes me  find a way to unlock this phone, My problem is how to activate without sim card- sorry my english isn't good!

kids
You should be able to activate the phone by using any Vodafone sim as tbe phone only recognises the network not the phone number.

If you are wanting to unlock the phone to use on a different network then only the original owner can unlock it.
If you try to jailbreak the phone to unlock it the phone will relock itself to Vodafone as soon as you try to update the iOS.
I recently activated a phone for a friend bu sticking a cheap PAYG sim in the phone which was a sim that had never been used in the phone before.

Kasuru
Good advice, the problem is  how to get sim card, because I live In Tanzania- East Africa, can you help how can i get  it?

kids

Maybe ask someone you know in the UK to buy an post one to you. Vodafone will not ship a sim overseas.