Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay as you go to contract

Shanice_1639
3: Seeker
Hi my names shanice, I am wondering if I can have my phone on contract in stead of pay as you go? But thing is would I have to trade my phone in to have a new one or can I keep this phone? But I have a IPhone 4 not 4s
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The phone is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. Of course you can take out a pay monthly contract and get a new phone with that contract or just a sim only contract that doesn't come with a phone and is cheaper. Once the contract is in in place you could move your PAYG number to the contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

jeffkinn

The phone is yours and you can do whatever you want with it. Of course you can take out a pay monthly contract and get a new phone with that contract or just a sim only contract that doesn't come with a phone and is cheaper. Once the contract is in in place you could move your PAYG number to the contract.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Shanice_1639
So if I get a sim only contract would I still keep my phone and how much would it be pay monthly?

jeffkinn

Your phone is always yours to keep and do what you like with. Have a look at the main Vodafone website to see all of the prices, deals and options.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi Shanice_1639,

It's great to see you want to join us on a Pay Monthly contract.

jeffkinn has given some great advice as always. The community champions can help you get the best out of the eForum.

You can find our SIM Only deals here.

If you fancy a snazzy new phone too, you can find our latest offers here.

Let us know if you need anymore help.

Thanks.

Ian

Shanice_1639
Ha thanks but thing is I only want to move on to contract because I'm wanting wifi out and about

Hi Shanice_1639,

Our plans include access to BT Wifi hotspots and you'll also be able to use a 3G connection both at home and outside.

Have a look at our SIM only deals that Ian linked to above for more information :Smiling:

Thanks,

Matt B

Kjell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This is getting insane!! What I though was the most simple thing in the world, seems for Vodaphone to be a huge challenge. After going to the Vodaphone store on Kensington High Street Thursday the 22nd of January to switch from a pay as you go to a monthly plan, it is still not done - today is Wednesday the 28th!! From Monday of, even the "old" simcard stopped working, meaning I right now still only have the temporary number - and that nobody can reach me!! WHY???  I'm shocked and I can't believe how much time I've spendt on that useless customer support line,end nothing helps. WHEN WILL YOU FIX IT?? Am I living in a banana republic? Vodaphone - disconnecting people!

SHAME ON YOU!

AnnS

@Kjell wrote:

This is getting insane!! What I though was the most simple thing in the world, seems for Vodaphone to be a huge challenge. After going to the Vodaphone store on Kensington High Street Thursday the 22nd of January to switch from a pay as you go to a monthly plan, it is still not done - today is Wednesday the 28th!! From Monday of, even the "old" simcard stopped working, meaning I right now still only have the temporary number - and that nobody can reach me!! WHY???  I'm shocked and I can't believe how much time I've spendt on that useless customer support line,end nothing helps. WHEN WILL YOU FIX IT?? Am I living in a banana republic? Vodaphone - disconnecting people!

SHAME ON YOU!

The store should have given you a new blank SIM and transferred your number over to the new SIM and the SIM should have been working when your PAYG SIM cut off.

If the store have not done this, although inconvenient, the quickest option would be to go back to the store.

The store did give me a blank simcard last Thursday, but that did not help very much - neither did ant of my numerous phone calls to customer service. Today I went back to the store, and again I spent an awful lot of time there. Finally, I was told to leave the phone off for two hours (a phone company tells you to turn of the phone for hours, is not much of a phone company!! - btw. not that first time I was ordered to do this stupid thing, It would never have happended in more modern companies, as I have done the exact same thing before), and It should be fine. So I did.

And now, no difference. For the first time in my long, sinful life as a consumer and customer, I must admit that I HATE a company. How can you possible go on like this?

My only option now now seems just drop this hopeless company with totally inferior technology, customer service and staff. I must get a new phone numer and inform ALL my contacts agaian that VodafXXX did not manage the simple task to switch their own pay as you go a monthly plan. It's touch to explain I therefore have been unavailable for the last few days.