Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems with Personal Hotspot on iPhone 4S

MatthewHammal
2: Seeker

Hi,

Having trouble using the Personal Hotspot function on my 4S. Every time I click "Set Up Personal Hotspot" I get directed to the Vodafone website help page for Apple which offers me no help at all!

I recently changed to a Sim-Only deal

Wondered if anyone in the Forum or Techteam could help me?

Thanks.

Matt

17 REPLIES 17

Hi there,

I am having the exact same difficulty - each time I click on 'Set Up Personal Hotspot' on my iPhone 4s I am directed to a useless vodafone webpage. I have confirmed that my pay monthly account is enabled but nonetheless I have no joy.

Could you look into this. 

Thanks,

Shak

Hi shakeel_e,

We certainly can.

You can see how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi

I'm a Lebara client but everytime I try to set up a personal hotspot using my iphone 4s, I get a messasge saying I need to access www.vodafone.co.uk/help/iphone. When I do that, there's nothing there that can really help me. Please tell me how I can set up a personal hotspot. Thank you.

Luís

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Luis,

Thanks for posting. You'll need to speak to your operator to get the provisioning set up for your number.

As Lebara use the Vodafone UK signal, this may be why the phone has asked you to contact us. However as we're not your provider we can't access your phone account. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

walidosama
1: Seeker
I have the same issue where clicking on the personal hotspot redirects to vodafon website on iphon 4 s could you assist ?

Hi walidosama,

As Ben mentioned above we're not able to help if you're a Lebara customer.

You will need to speak to them as we don't have access to your account details.

Thanks

Ian

kaygwilson1

Same issue.  Have iPhone 4S, have switched to PAYG recently, and the hotspot function which used to work now doesn't. Please help

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kaygwilson1,

Certain functions like tethering and Facetime can only be used with a monthly plan on an iPhone. If you're a PAYG customer, I'm afraid this won't be available.

Thanks, 

Ben