Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Battery dead and not charging

ClaireHall
1: Seeker

I have had my S4 for over a year now so the battery is not as good as it was. Generally I need to charge twice a day. Last week I started to find that it was not charging properly and would take hours to recharge fully. A few days ago I found that I could only charge when the phone was turned off and even then it would vibrate every 30 seconds and a grey battery icon would come on the screen. Last night the battery died whilst I was out so I tried to charge it in the car but nothing happened. I tried to charge it at home but nothing happened and I left it all night plugged in but it wont even turn on for even a second this morning. I have tried several chargers - samsung and other makes but still nothing. Phone is completely dead. I have tried to do a reset using the volume buttin, the home button and power button but again nothing.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Claire

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds as though your battery is dead.  Have you allowed it to go flat at all?  This will damage a lithium based one and they're better being topped up regularly - they have no memory effect.  If you do allow the battery to get low, it's best to turn the device off when it gets to 10%.

That said, there were some faulty batteries around and Samsung have been fairly good at replacing them - and Vodafone may be able to help too.  If you hang on, a member of the forum team will pick up your post and will be able to help you.  Alternatively you can contact Samsung via the support tab on their UK website.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ClaireHall,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

DaveCD