Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry DTEK50 Android Sync

Charley_Lima
4: Newbie

Hello

I'm getting used to the DTEK50 but do not yet love it!

I am having problems with syncing calendar from Office Outlook 2010. Have purchased [for money] AKRUTO Sync which handes things well but fails miserably when more than a single time zone is involved.

eg: train leaves St Pancras at 0900 GMT and arrives Brussels 1100  GMT+1. The calendar shows both times as a single zone in the UK and on mainland Europe. Using a regular Blackberry and their link software there was never a problem.

I am only asking this question here as (1) it is populated with geniuses and (2) Blackberry android support in Romania tell me that time zones and the like are managed by the SIM card and my provider (vodafone) may have settings that could assist?

Happy Christmas to you all

Christopher.

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'd be inclined to contact the app supplier (ie AKRUTO) on this. The only time I've used any kind of calendar sync, it was using a US-based service, but strictly on UK time. It messed things up royally and took a couple of hours to sort out. Is it possible to set the mobile calendar to display local time? That way you could use only one time zone, but have appointments adjust themselves as you move about. I'm not familiar with Blackberry, so don't know if this is an option. I'm not aware of any Vodafone-specific settings and I think that would be an unlikely scenario as the system would need to work over wifi as well - ie independently of any mobile settings, or on a device with no SIM. It's certainly true that you can set the phone to pick up its time settings from the mobile service, but I rather think that's just the clock so that it always displays local time wherever you are.

hrym
Just realised this is an Anrdoid device. The calendar I use that has the local time facility is ACalendar+, fwiw.