Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Constant s4 issues

JamesBrown25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Morning 

Im having seemingly constant issues with my phone, Its had 3 replacement battery's a about 3 month ago it was sent back to samsung for a replacement motherboard and sim reader, now it has started again with the Sim card reader error... 

So im rather exasperated at this moment in time, i need my phone for work and don't want a repair phone whilst they send mine away again, Ive also lost complete faith in samsung as the guy at vodafone admitted they were sending laods of them back for repair.

ideally id prefer an early upgrade as i pay a large amount per month and have been with vodafone for years, so to be stuck with a repair phone is unacceptable.

Any ideas on how i go forward?

James

1 REPLY 1

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I am not sure how long you have left on your contract, but you can confirm your Early Upgrade date by signing into My Vodafone online.  If you want to upgrade sooner than the date shown there, you will need to buy out the time remaining in your contract. The Early Termination Fee you'll have to pay to do this is the number of months of line rental remaining, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.  Obviously you can sell you current handset to offset the cost of the ETF.

The other option is to send it off for repair again - you can send it to Vodafone (if you got the phone from them) or Samsung.  In my personal experience Samsung are usually pretty good and a lot of those of us who post regularly on the forum recommend them.

PWIAC