Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disappointed

grift
3: Seeker

Purchased Iphone6 approx 4 weeks ago, now the new 6s is released.

Tried to return it and upgrade / trade in but no joy with Vodafone and their support network 14 day cooling off period etc.

The Iphone6 is worth £230 if you try to sell it, no answers to my questions and passed around / cut off by support. At one point waited approx 70 mins to get through. Is their anyway to get through to a senior manager or an address to write to?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I do understand where your coming from.

It is the same with occasional purchases that something new is released. 

I assume you did you not see the hype about the  Keynote where the new products were to be introduced. 

Unfortunatly as you know you are now past the 14 Day Cooling off period so Vodafone will not allow you to return the handset to exchange for the new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus. You can certainly write to them to put across your thoughts but I think you'll still be stuck with the iPhone you have. The address is at the foot of the forum. 

All in all the new iPhone 6s does not boast much more in specs than your iPhone 6. It has 3D touch and a new A9 chip and a smaller battery in it for example. 

This is the link to compare the models.

 Compare iPhones.

As your only that far into a new contract paying it off would be extremely expensive. The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts.You can confirm the exact figure by calling 191. (If purchased with a contract)

 do have a recycling programme where they will offer you a price for your iPhone and knock that off the purchase of an iPhone 6s and or places like CEX offer a price too if you become a member ,and then theirs the online selling sites ,but either way you will most likely have to add a few hundred pounds to the amount you get by selling your iPhone 6. 

Maybe a work colleague , friend or family member would want to buy it ,or use Gumtree where you may get a better return price. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

I am surprised that you missed the news that there was to be a new model iPhone this month, it seemed to be on every part of the Internet.

The iPhone 6 is selling on eBay for £425 + depending on the model you have. You could sell the phone and use the funds to offset the cost of the new phone. The phone is yours to sell providing you continue to pay the contract. So you could buy a new unlocked phone and use your sim in that to continue the existing contract, vodafone do not care which phone you are using as long as your contract is paid.

If you sell it on eBay make sure that you follow the usual commonsense rules such as making sure that the buyer has good positive feedback and that you only sell within eBay and the eBay / Paypal system. THere are a lot of people out there willing to try and scam you.

If you go to any of the high street shops such as Cex and Gamer then you will probably only get offered the sort of price you quote as they have to resell the phone and make a decent profit.

grift

Thank you all for your advice, Tried the Apple store who offered me £260 for my fone. Only on condition I trade it in for an Apple product (gift card). If I had purchased it through Apple they would happily have swapped it for later model.

The Vodafone sales rep in local shop was happy to send me to local game shop, stating they give great offers, again £230.

Although similar specs to 6s it's the price drop that sticks in my throat. Will likely live with it, although on renewal of my contract I will consider purchasing from Apple direct or outright purchase and enjoy the freedom of the 2 year contract.

I never kept up to date with media and pending release of 6s, suppose that is a lesson learned.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

A learning Curve for next time. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

@grift wrote:

Thank you all for your advice, Tried the Apple store who offered me £260 for my fone. Only on condition I trade it in for an Apple product (gift card). If I had purchased it through Apple they would happily have swapped it for later model.

You would be better off seeling it on eBay where they are still fetching in excess of £300