Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email excluded

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi tech team 

I said as problems arise I would let you know 

Well because my gmail was going mad due to all the posts about the s8.

I thought I'd look in my settings to turn off notifications for now 

And as soon as I got to email preferences it had the same Orange box with exact same message

YOUR EMAIL HAS BEEN EXCLUDED 

The first time I agree and put it down as my mistake 

And I subscribed and that was the last time I went into that menu.

IT did give me the option to subscribe again.

IT just emphasizes my point that there is something else going on here especially when you put them all together 

Ie unable to reply to tech team private messages and then try again the next day and it went through first time.

And then my replys to posts on the forum ending up on different subjects or even a different part of the forum (I have actually put edited messages were they ended up and apologised)

And then having to type my posts one word one letter at a time and then came back hours later.

After making sure it worked on writing sms of which it did and then next day it was fine again)

My concern is not the forum or I would of thought other people would be having similar issues.

My concern is my 2 month old device which had to go in repair after getting a message to upgrade to nougat after 2 weeks of having it which I was excited about.

But when I went to install after download my s7 edge got stuck in accessibility on its own and could only navigate using two fingers so it had to go in for repair.

So i am wondering if there is a fault with my phone. 

I have had a cache clear in last week and I restart my phone mmadwa week and use device maintenance and close unused apps of which I have 2 Spotify,

Then I got that one off message after manually searching for software update which said something about unauthorised system change visit a service centre or down load using a pc (I can not remember the exact words but I posted it on here.but I can not find it and I got a few reply about it and then a couple more I can not recall at this moment

But I am worried if i am having all these problems now it's not looking good for the longevity of my phone (2 months old) and it has to see me through 24 months minimum because that's my contract so I'm starting to get concerned now 

(And no my device has not been dropped not even been in the rain and is without a single mark on it)

Having problems after any thing like that.and it wouldn't of been repaired the first time because I had a hard time trying to ask the guy in the shop to make not that there was no marks whatsoever he did when I mentioned it was advice I was given.

My point is I look after my phone probably more than necessary.

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

I personally do not use that option to stop / unsubscribe email notifications. 

Within the preferences settings a person can choose to subscribe to certain forum boards. 

Tap on your avatar. > Subscriptions and Notifications > Notification Settings > Choose what's right for you there. 

Also in each board i.e. Android for example  - a person can choose options in the right hand corner,  and pick subscribe or unsubscribe. 

I prefer not to be swamped with notifications to my email address so I do not subscribe to any of the boards.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

SKYMAN513

SORRY same again i posted this one once and it appeared twice 

I am not posting multiple messages twice. Yes im worried but i am not childish posting multiple messages 

And doing that wouldn't get me far with other members who have helped me tremendously and the forum team have helped were they can 

So apologies I wouldn't disrespect the forum 

Which is a lot more for me and saved me loads of trips to my nearest store (which isn't near )

So sorry and thanks for replys of which I haven't read yet im trying to remove the unnecessary extra posts as its first timed I've been on since yesterday 

P.s sorry about the waffle finding these as annoyed me )

Sarah_T
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513

Thanks for letting us know. 

Please complete the steps advised by @BandOfBrothers and let us know how you get on with this. 

SKYMAN513

SORRY it marked wrong answer

BandOfBrothers

@SKYMAN513

Use this link to find your most local Samsung Service Location. 

Samsung service-location.

Samsung Experience Store typically have service centres in them as do Some Carphone Warehouse Stores. 

This is the link for Samsung Support and Online Chat > Samsung ~ Contact Us.

In my opinion it's best approaching the Manufacturer first as they know their Hardware and Software Better. 

I haven't looked back on your previous posts to check but I'm assuming since your Nougat Update you have cleared the System Cache and performed a Factory Reset. 

Vodafone Staff at a Highstreet Store would alternatively listen to your issues and then send it back off to their Repair Houses if they deemed it necessary. If you take this avenue then take time and date stamped pictures of it with one of it turned on to prove its aesthetic condition, and ask the Vodafone employee to note its condition on their computer systems too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have actually cleared it 3 times and once was today

But surely if you keep doing that or have to I would of thought excessive use of clearing system  cache and factory resets can not be healthy for your device especially has this is just over 2 months old and has already been in repair from the nougat update. But as much as I love nougat since I got my phone back it has not been the same ie mistakes which yes one or 2 could of been down to me but there are things some of them have happened without me going into menu and after only going in when my phone is saying there,s a problem 

SKYMAN513

Hi marked BANDOFBROTHERS 

Best answer or solution but  when I went back to it is saying I marked my own answer best answer which I didn't and wouldn't because it looks ridiculous and as if my problems are not serious and doing things like that won't get me any were I've already had a private message about handing thanks out 

I will try to remove it 

I did mark an answer best answer BANDOFBROTHER

But never in a million years would I mark myself which I would hope would be removed if I fail 

I've told you i am having lots of problems amd typing messages on here is really hard work for me 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SKYMAN513, I've changed the accepted solution for you :smileyhappy: 

SKYMAN513

Thank you

SKYMAN513

Sorry message posted twice