Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emails not working since 25/7

fairywishes1
4: Newbie

Hoping someone can help. Using Samsung Galaxy S4, emails have always worked fine.

Upgraded last week am still using the same phone (S7 still in box) and I noticed I was nolonger getting emails checked sync settings it says not synced since 25/7.

Wondered if it was the secure net so deactivated it but no joy.

I get no errors etc when I try and upload new emails it just appears like there are no new ones even though I sent a tester email to myself.

Using neither wifi or data makes a difference.

Am stumped :0( any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This happened to me on my Samsung Galaxy s8 @fairywishes1 and ended up deleting the email account from my phone, and reset back up Taking care to choose imap or pop3. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

This happened to me on my Samsung Galaxy s8 @fairywishes1 and ended up deleting the email account from my phone, and reset back up Taking care to choose imap or pop3. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks so much Bandofbrothers yup I did just that, it looks like an updates knocked out the saved SSL Accept all certificates and switched it to SSL.

hrym

Glad to hear you're sorted.   Back when the world was young, I had a Galaxy S2 and got so fed up with the email app that I switched to Gmail and now use its dedicated app.   If the service you use has one, I'd recommend it as there's nothing to set up and you can manage messages directly with the provider.

Hrym I recognise your name I too used to post on this forum about my S2 lol but under the username fairywishes1, unfortunatly my old account seemed to become unloginable so I had to create a new one and have become stuck with this username which I need to work out how to change. 

Am presuming vodafone has changed their websites etc because I can't even seem to log into my account manager anymore to view bills etc grrr.

Thanks for the heads up re Gmail will take a look.

hrym

When you say "can't log into my account manager", I assume you mean My Vodafone?   How about the app, does that work?   There's been a lot of functionality added recently and you can do pretty well anything on it (including download bills) - and it saves all that faffing about with 2-factor authentication.   If you need to get in online, speak to 191 or Live Chat.   The lock-out happened to me once and it needed a reset at the Vodafone end to fix it.  If that fails, post back and the forum team will take a look.

Yes, I've been around here for a while. :smileyhappy:

I don't use the app, always used my laptop before for checking my vodafone account.

They've clearly made some major changes since I last posted. I checked my stats it shows I've been a member since 2008 and have private messages since 2011 about the S2 but bizzarely I'm showing as a newbee lol.

It used to be the case the log in to the eforum was a seperate one to the my vodafone where you could view your price plan and minutes used etc. I had the log ins written down for both of them and neither seem to work now.

I noticed last year when I tried to log into the eforum my log in details didn't work and I had to re-register but upto a few months ago my log in to view my bills just suddenly stopped working and if i try and log into the eforum on my laptop with the same username as this and password it won't work yet it works on my phone. It's all a bit odd!

I've posted a topic requesting help in the "other" section but thanks anyway for your reply.

hrym

Yes, I've seen that.  The forum has indeed changed, but your identity should have passed on to the new platform.   The logins are still separate and the issues with both would therefore also be separate.   Customer Service can help with account access, but not the forum.  Hang on for the team here to pick up one of the threads.

I don't use a PC to access my account anymore because of the 2FA.  Once you've set up the appp and given it a PIN, you can manage your settings and download bills from there.  It's a whole bunch easier.  (If you want to store and view bills on your laptop, just email them to yourself once you've downloaded :smileywink:)