Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU9 - Badshot Lea

JayButcher
2: Seeker
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Have really intermittent signal in particular data. Have total blackspots in some areas of house as well.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.
GU9 9JP

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
No 4g, poor 3g...WiFi dongle "connected no internet"

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
Issues are with 3g and 4g coverage

6) When did you first notice this issue?
Moving into area

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Using the Vodafone Network Checker your local masts report as ok. 

However when Zooming Out on the Map there has been a surrounding mast that has been fixed. 

It can occasionally take a few days for a mast to fully settle. 

When a surrounding mast is at issue thst can occasionally affect local masts as Vodafone may re route network traffic to compensate. 

"We've fixed an issue in this area recently. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - things should have been back to normal since 5.10pm 22 Dec 2016"

Link to > Vodafone Network Checker.

Your home also maybe in a not spot causing issues or the thickness of the house walls msybe causing issues. Weather conditions can affect service. 

Try turning off 3G to force the phone onto 2G to stabilise calls but this would affect data connection speeds. 

Options such as a Sure Signal that works off Home Broadband to create a 3G signal in the home will help but does cost £69 for the device. 

Another option for people on an eligible tariffs and phones is Vodafone Calling Over Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You are quite close to cell sites and should even have strong 3G 2100MHz signal which means very strong 3G 900. Was your house built recently-about last 10 years as they tend to be very signal blocking?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JayButcher I've checked your postcode and can see that 3G/4G services are extremely patchy within your area, therefore you may experience intermittent service. 

Keep an eye on our Network status checker for any planned coverage upgrades to your area. 

JayButcher
@Rahim if the services are extremely patchy could you please update your service coverage map which suggests excellent coverage. I've also seen I'm very close to a Vodafone mast so why is signal so patchy?!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JayButcher I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll investigate further once you've contact us.