Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Ace - loss of Internet connection

ljstiles
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've lost all connectivity on this handset, both via Wifi and 3G. I can't browse to the marketplace or the Internet. Presumably I need to configure something but for the life of me can't think what as everything which should be enabled is.

Is there a dummies guide anywhere or number I can text which can resend my network settings?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

Lets sort the wifi out first 

from the home screen press menu and go into settings , in there click wirless and network settings, then wifi settings the top one should be ticked green if not press the tick it will then try and reconnect, now further down it shows all networks in range and if it reconnects then it will be in blue this sorts the wifi out, if your network shows but not in blue press your network name and it will ask you waht to do press connect .

Now as for your 3g press your back button to take you back to the wirelwss and networks section, scoll down to mobile networks press it  then you will get another menu make sure the top two have green ticks then network mode now in here you can change from gsm or wcdma (3G) for now set this to gsm now press network operators this then re registers your phone with vodafone  now go back to your main screen you should see a G come up  

place your finger at the top of the screen and move your finger down this opens the power blnd and you will see a wifi this should be green.

hope this helps

@Northern-dj wrote:

Lets sort the wifi out first 

from the home screen press menu and go into settings , in there click wirless and network settings, then wifi settings the top one should be ticked green if not press the tick it will then try and reconnect, now further down it shows all networks in range and if it reconnects then it will be in blue this sorts the wifi out, if your network shows but not in blue press your network name and it will ask you waht to do press connect .

--- OK i've done this but had no luck unfortunately.

Now as for your 3g press your back button to take you back to the wirelwss and networks section, scoll down to mobile networks press it  then you will get another menu make sure the top two have green ticks then network mode now in here you can change from gsm or wcdma (3G) for now set this to gsm now press network operators this then re registers your phone with vodafone  now go back to your main screen you should see a G come up  

---- I've done this also, although where you mention 'network mode', that option isn't present, all I have beneath Use packet data and Data roaming (which are both ticked) are Access Point Names, Use only 2G networks, and Network operators. I clicked on Network operators and registered with vodafone UK but that's not done a thing....

place your finger at the top of the screen and move your finger down this opens the power blnd and you will see a wifi this should be green.

hope this helps

Just to mention, this phone is the 'Ace' and not the S. I imagine some of the functionality might differ slightly.

Northern-dj

It should be the same if not i do no the power widget is on there, But the drop down is on most android devices .

As for the functions theses are the same on most android devices, I have looked at the sce cos my son wants one 

Kenel
I am unable to connect my galaxy ace to the network although I am connected to wifi

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, is this a new phone/sim? Have you activated the sim?

hrym

The other possibility is that you need to install the correct Access Point.  You can do this by texting WEB to 40127.   Depending on what operating firmware you have, this may install automatically.