Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S5 WiFi fault - unable to get any help :(

vicki009
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a 5 month old Samsung Galaxy S5 that developed a WiFi fault (the WiFi button appears 'greyed out' and unable to select) and repairs have not fixed it (the fault returns after one day). Prior to sending it away, I restored it several times on Vodafone advice, I cleared the cache, I did the old turn off/on again about 500 times, and tried all the tips and tricks on the internet. Due to all the resets etc, my data usage (as I'm unable to use WiFi) has gone through the roof so my current bill is much larger than it has ever been.

My husband and I have been into store with it and they don't want to know as I upgraded via the internet so I'm just sent away and told to call customer services and request a replacement. When I do call customer services I'm told they can't help and that a manager needs to speak to me. I've not had a manager call back despite being on the list for 2 days.

My phone is only 5 months old and is faulty - I'd just like a straight replacement. I've called and called (and my husband) without luck; no-one on live chat can help; the store staff send me to the call centre; twitter staff never respond to me; and a manager hasn't called back?

I know this is a proper first world problem but I've been pretty sick recently and have been unable to deal with this myself so my husband has been wading in and now we're both getting angry and confused as to why no-one will help us with what seems like such a simple fault. I've had to turn all data services off on my phone so I can only send texts and make calls - I can't use any of the smart phone features I'm paying so much money for.

PLEASE can someone help me - a phone number where we can get through to someone that can help would be very, very appreciated. I don't want to play any sort of blame game I would just like a resolution!

Thanks all.

Vicki

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It is unlikely that Vodafone will exchange your handset unless it is beyond repair, so I am afraid that you'll have to send it off for repair again.  

An alternative is to use your nearest Samsung Repair Centre - from personal experience, I have found them to be very good. 

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

Drey_p is right.   If Vodafone are struggling with a successful repair, it's worth going direct to the manufacturer as they have more experience with their own devices.   They may also simply give you a replacement, which is often a completely new device.

Thank you both very much for your responses - I'm in Oxford and believe there is a Samsung 1 day repair centre in Reading, so I will give that a go. Hopefully this isn't too much of a silly question - but is there anything I should take with me to prove how long I have had the phone? I never received a receipt or similar from Vodafone when I upgraded. Thank you for all the help!

It is a bit shocking the customer service we've received though - as somone who worked many years in retail (as, I imagine a lot of people that frequent this forum) I couldn't believe how many people were so eager to not help us (and to pass us back and forward and then back again) for what seemed like such a simple thing. Still waiting on the call back from the manager too... 4 days later apparently we are still in the queue...

I'm not in it to moan, but we've been told so many conflicting things it's hard to know what to believe! I've been with Vodafone for ages and have always found the staff I've encountered to be really helpful and any problems I've had have been dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Not too sure what happened this time... :smileysad:

hrym

If you talk Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page), they should be able to get you a proof of purchase.   As I understand it, there's a form they complete and it's emailed to you.