Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy s6 edge not working with sure signal

Leon51274
1: Seeker

Hi

I'm at my whits end with this now so hope someone can help!

My sure signal will not work with my samsung galaxy s6 edge. So far the following has happened, vodafone have de-registered me as the owner and re-registered me, this didn't work. Vodafone have now told me to change my network setting to the 3g only option, this works however I cannot receive 4g unless I turn the network back, this I think should not be an option. My suresignal is based in my office at work so I can be in and out of the office all day so I shouldn't expect to have to change this over everytime, especially when its a service I pay for.

I hope there is a simple solution to this as I've made about 5 calls to vodafone with still no proper soultion.

Many thanks

Leon

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Unfortunatley if your area is strong 4G it will automatically select that thus adjusting the phone to search 3G is the known workaround we also as fellow customers suggest for use with a Sure Signal. 

Fully appreciate what your saying. 

Side Note ->

Did you buy your Samsung Galaxy from Vodafone? I'm thinking of Calling Over Wifi maybe an alternative option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

My phone is connected to wifi while in the office so no need for 4g but whenever I leave the office I feel that I shouldn't have to change to network to receive the 4g which isn't particularly strong anyway. This all seems a complete farce to be honest.

BandOfBrothers

My thoughts are that when the Network offers VoLTE things may be better for lots of users. 

I have the same thoughts at having to turn off Mobile Data in my iPhone when at home on wifi so it doesn't silently slip from wifi to Network data connection.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Leon51274

The Sure Signal is designed to be used in areas of weak/no 2G signal and minimal 3G.

Any area where 4G is available and/or 3G is available will cause issues.

The only way around this would be to, as advised, manually turn 4G off.

I had no problems at all with my S4. I'm a bit dissapointed with the fact that I've been sold a phone that requires modification with to allow it to work with the sure signal.