Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IP address is blocked again so can't register sure signal devices

gommog
4: Newbie

We have seen a repeat of a problem we experienced and reported to Vodafone 5 years ago, when trying to register our new sure signal devices in our business we are unable. I have ran packet traces and only see DNS requests coming from the sure signals,  all traffic to and from the sure signals is allowed on our firewall. Vodafone hold an IP address whitelist to allow sure signals to register, i had many staff deny this for weeks before being informed this was the case.

Since our ISP changed recently so have our external IP addresses, can someone at vodafone please add the addresses 5.148.142.18 and 5.148.6.34 to your whitelist. If someone needs verification please message me.

3 REPLIES 3

gommog
4: Newbie

Is there any chance someone at Vodafone can take a look at this and fix please? I've emailed the support person who dealt with this 5 years ago but i'm assuming they've moved on.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gommog

Both IP addresses are on our whitelists already.

What is the exact error message you get when trying to register?

Hi Wayne, we don't get an error message they just fail to register, i've done a packet capture from a few of the sure signals we have. They all report the same thing, a DNS request is sent to our DNS server for initial-ipsecrouter.vap.vodafone.co.uk. Our DNS server reports this correctly as the following list of addresses:

After this no traffic is generated and the DNS request is sent again about a minute later. Our firewall is not blocking any traffic, i've setup specific rules (even though i shouldn't) to allow all traffic both incoming and outgoing from the sure signal devices. I can't ping the above addresses either from our network or my phone connected to 3G external to the company.

It's suprising you say our IP addresses are already on the whitelist as we haven't requested this before now. How would they come to be on the whitelist if we hadn't requested it?