Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone SE

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Having just returned to my hotel after being dragged out in the middle of the night by my grandson to the Apple store here in Singapore to look at the iPhone SE which was released here today I am feeling underwhelmed.

Visually it look the same as the 5S (because it is) and I saw little difference in the A9 processor than that of the A7 which is in the 5S.

Playing about with it for a while the only benefit I can see if if you are a games player but other than increased speed for that there was no noticeable difference in apps responding. Although the SE has a superior camera a few test shots side by side with the 5S showed little difference.

Having said that I still prefer my 5S to the 6 series but would not see any reason to change to an SE. One advantage of the SE on sale here is that they are retailing at Apple stores at £80 less than in the UK and are all unlocked.

Here the 64GB is £80 cheaper than the UK and the 16GB cheaper by £57

2 REPLIES 2

catean
10: Established
10: Established

It has 2GB of Ram and a more power efficient CPU and GPU, and this combined with a larger battery it will give you an incredible battery life, far superior than the 5S. On top of this it supports more LTE bands which will make it a better phone for roamers. I downgraded from a 6S to the SE and I am very happy with the decision.

I too have downgraded from a 6s to a SE  and tbh, its the best decision I have made.

The battery life is extremely better than I was expecting. 

Never really took full advantage of the force touch on the 6s